Getting ready to start

Thread: Getting ready to start

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Getting ready to start

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a pano setup. I've been looking around for a pano head, and the Nodal Ninja offerings seem to be quite a good value. But I've got a couple questions:

First, I'm considering purchasing a used NN3. Does anyone have any experience with used purchases? What kind of shape are these in?

Also, will the NN3 support a Nikon D700 (no grip) and a Tamron 17-35 f/2.8-4? Eventually I'd like to upgrade to the 14-24, so I'll ask about the D700/14-24 combo as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Mark
  2. Re: Getting ready to start

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bourboncowboy View Post
    Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a pano setup. I've been looking around for a pano head, and the Nodal Ninja offerings seem to be quite a good value. But I've got a couple questions:

First, I'm considering purchasing a used NN3. Does anyone have any experience with used purchases? What kind of shape are these in?

Also, will the NN3 support a Nikon D700 (no grip) and a Tamron 17-35 f/2.8-4? Eventually I'd like to upgrade to the 14-24, so I'll ask about the D700/14-24 combo as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Mark
    your lens and camera are quite heavy. Go for NN5/5L for better performance.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Getting ready to start

Users Country Flag

Hi Mark,

do not be afraid to go for the NN5. 14-24 is a heavy lens. Using a pitch of 30¬? and 45¬? you will be happy to have a strong stop on the upper rail to avoid this combination from moving this lens/camera combination while taking spherical panos.

Do not use a battery grip, cause you might end up in problems with moving etc. I know what i am talking about, i use D3 and for example the 14-24mm, and i am happy to have chosen the NN5/RD16 for all the rest up to 70-200mm.

If you like more information, feel free to ask me for it.

Heinz