NN3 landscape mode, thick lens

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 landscape mode, thick lens

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN3 landscape mode, thick lens

Sorry if this was asked before, I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have a NN3 old version used with my Canon 400D (XTi) and Tokina 11-16mm. I'd like to use in landscape orientation but the lens is pretty thick and when installed on the lower rail the zoom ring and focus ring rub on the rotator base (round). I am using the camera base, about 1/2" thick... is there a thicker camera base which would raise the camera away from the lower rail, or is there a mod I could do myself? Thanks, Scott
  2. Re: NN3 landscape mode, thick lens

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sdubose99 View Post
    Sorry if this was asked before, I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have a NN3 old version used with my Canon 400D (XTi) and Tokina 11-16mm. I'd like to use in landscape orientation but the lens is pretty thick and when installed on the lower rail the zoom ring and focus ring rub on the rotator base (round). I am using the camera base, about 1/2" thick... is there a thicker camera base which would raise the camera away from the lower rail, or is there a mod I could do myself? Thanks, Scott
    Use a quick release system. It is typically more than 20mm thick.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NN3 landscape mode, thick lens

+ Reply to Thread