Documentation help needed for R1

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Documentation help needed for R1

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: Documentation help needed for R1

Quote Originally Posted by clavi View Post
    Make no mistake, I have tried so many settings over the past month, but I find it unfruitful as I seem to be trying my luck on each settings.
    The purpose of the setup of the panohead is to eliminate parallax. You say you have tried many settings, apparently with no success. So how are you validating the setup - i.e. how are you checking that parallax has or has not been corrected adequately?

John
  2. Re: Documentation help needed for R1

Users Country Flag

People make a huge number of assumptions when making panoramas, using brackets and any of the available software.

Probably the major source of errors comes in picking and placing control points. This is even more true when using fisheye lenses which do not have a single position for the Entry pupil.

The better you get at making these choices, the better your pans turn out. Even then one some times need to resort to photoshop to make minor corrections.

The NN range of Heads are excellent but like all others can only help so much, they are only a starting point.

It is only As photographers progress along their own particular learning curve, that they understand that there never was a magic bullet that gives answers to every question.

The nearest one can hope for, is to follow in detail John Houghton's advice and tutorials. There is no short cut for experience.
  3. Re: Documentation help needed for R1

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    The purpose of the setup of the panohead is to eliminate parallax. You say you have tried many settings, apparently with no success. So how are you validating the setup - i.e. how are you checking that parallax has or has not been corrected adequately?

John
    Previously did not check for parallax. Now yes, following what you advised in your tutorial. Thanks.
  4. Re: Documentation help needed for R1

Nick, I am abit lost to why there are so many different settings for 2-shots, 3-shots, 4-shots at 5 degrees tilt (or any particular tilt angle)? Shouldn't it be one setting per tilt per lens?

I am using John's rifle tip method to eliminate the movement of the entrance pupil. Thanks.
  5. Re: Documentation help needed for R1

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by clavi View Post
    Nick, I am abit lost to why there are so many different settings for 2-shots, 3-shots, 4-shots at 5 degrees tilt (or any particular tilt angle)? Shouldn't it be one setting per tilt per lens?

I am using John's rifle tip method to eliminate the movement of the entrance pupil. Thanks.
    Because entrance pupil moves with viewing angle. That is what Michel what to say
    http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Fisheye_...the-pupil.html

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  6. Re: Documentation help needed for R1

Thanks for all of the valuable info. A wealth of information and it makes me realize once again that you can't simply pull a product out of the box :'( and expect it to work perfectly without some fine tuning. Trail and error & experience learnt from it is the answer!

Cheers
    Tony

Still on the merry-go-round and haven't worked out how to get off, and......don't want to.
+ Reply to Thread