Nodal point for Nikon 70-200 VRII

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nodal point for Nikon 70-200 VRII

Share/Bookmark
  1. Nodal point for Nikon 70-200 VRII

Hey,

has anybody already tried to find the nodal point for the new Nikon 70-200 VRII lens? I have tried yesterday several settings but couldn't really find it. It was close but not perfect. I also tried the strange setting described in this post http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=667.0 but wasn't successfull.

Thank you
    Patrick
  2. Re: Nodal point for Nikon 70-200 VRII

Users Country Flag

Hi Patrick,

these are the settings for 70-200mm/f2.8 VR with D3.

But might be the settings change cause of the new construction of the lens with VRII. Use aperture f22 to find the differences in NNP.

Heinz
  3. Re: Nodal point for Nikon 70-200 VRII

Quote Originally Posted by daspaddy View Post
    I have tried yesterday several settings but couldn't really find it. It was close but not perfect.
    How are you demonstrating the degree of parallax remaining? If, when you rotate the panohead clockwise, a near object appears to shift sideways to the left relative to the background, that means the entrance pupil has shifted right. The entrance pupil must therefore be in front of the rotation axis - so the camera needs to be shifted back a little. If the near object moves to the right, the entrance pupil must have moved to the left and so is behind the rotation axis, in which case shift the camera forwards a little.

John
  4. Re: Nodal point for Nikon 70-200 VRII

Thank you both. I will try again with these hints and let you know more detailed results.

Cheers
    Patrick
+ Reply to Thread