R1/R10 pole adapter
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: R1/R10 pole adapter

Share/Bookmark
  1. R1/R10 pole adapter

    #1

    Hi,

    How does R1/R10 pole adapter connect to pole in the store product photo (http://store.nodalninja.com/v/vspfil...NO-R-2.5-1.jpg)? Is there any special screw to attached to the pole? Is it gitzo monopod used in the product photo?

  2. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #2
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    R10 (no rotator) has a 3/8" socket built in. you can mount it directly to a pole.
    R1 need the pole adapter. It adds a 3/8" socket to its base.
    In the photo, it is a Gitzo tripod center column.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #3
  4. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #4

    Hi,

    I just received my R1 without rotator, and a pole adapter.
    I'm still waiting for my Gitzo monopod, but I tried to attach the R1 to my Manfrotto tripod.

    The 3/8" socket of the adapter fits perfectly on the tripod.

    Issue is I just can't get R1, adapter and tripod sticked all together : both screws provided with the adapter are too long.
    When I attach the R1 with the adapter, screws are exceeding about 5mm and generate a gap between the adapter and the tripod....

    May I have your help please?
  5. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #5

    ... and the tripod does only have the 3/8" screw, and no hole for letting the screws from the adapter pass through :/
  6. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #6
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by yardielion View Post
    Hi,

    I just received my R1 without rotator, and a pole adapter.
    I'm still waiting for my Gitzo monopod, but I tried to attach the R1 to my Manfrotto tripod.

    The 3/8" socket of the adapter fits perfectly on the tripod.

    Issue is I just can't get R1, adapter and tripod sticked all together : both screws provided with the adapter are too long.
    When I attach the R1 with the adapter, screws are exceeding about 5mm and generate a gap between the adapter and the tripod....

    May I have your help please?
    Sorry for the trouble. The longer screws are for mounting the R1 through the pole adapter to RD4 rotator. The pole adapter act as a spacer to reduce the rotator footprint in this case. We only sold R1 with RD4 in the past. A pair of shorter screws are included by default. So We include the longer screws with the adapter.
    Contact your seller to get the shorter screws (the default screws in R1). You can also try to shorten the screws by a hack saw if you have one.
    I apologize for your inconvenience.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  7. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #7

    Nick:
    I am looking for a way to easily change my R10 from monopod to my RD8 on a tripod. You sell a 3/8 > M6 adapter which would seem to do the trick. I guess I would need to be careful in rotation, maybe rotating by grabbing the rotator and not the R10? I see the RD4 seems to be tapped to accept the R10 directly but the RD8 is not.

    Thanks,
    Tim
  8. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #8
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by waters View Post
    Nick:
    I am looking for a way to easily change my R10 from monopod to my RD8 on a tripod. You sell a 3/8 > M6 adapter which would seem to do the trick. I guess I would need to be careful in rotation, maybe rotating by grabbing the rotator and not the R10? I see the RD4 seems to be tapped to accept the R10 directly but the RD8 is not.

    Thanks,
    Tim
    I am making a Quick Mount Adapter for interfacing R1/10 and the advanced rotators. It may be what you are looking for.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  9. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #9

    Nick:
    You are always one step ahead of your customers! In the meantime Do you think the 3/8 > M6 adapter would do the trick? I'm quite enamored of the monopod setup, as it stitches quite nicely if I take care to keep plumb, and the footprint is minimal.
  10. Re: R1/R10 pole adapter

    #10
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by waters View Post
    Nick:
    You are always one step ahead of your customers! In the meantime Do you think the 3/8 > M6 adapter would do the trick? I'm quite enamored of the monopod setup, as it stitches quite nicely if I take care to keep plumb, and the footprint is minimal.
    yes, it will work. but the footprint will be quite large. The Quick Adapter is dedicated for our monopod and pole. You will find it interesting.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •