Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Hey can anyone help me with the rail settings (V & H) for a Sigma 8mm 3.5 and Canon T1i? I haven't found any settings out there yet for this combo but I would appreciate any help to see if my numbers are accurate!
  2. Re: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Which method have you used to arrive at your settings? If they are accurate, you should be able to shoot and stitch an excellent quality panorama. Have you tried doing that? If you can, then it doesn't really matter whether your settings are exactly the same as anybody else's.

John
  3. Re: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Hi John,
    I followed your tutorial actually I'm getting good results with 5.1 on the lower rail and 9.1 on the upper rail. I plan to do some more testing today.

Here's a screencap of my nadir. I still have some final tweaking but any help/guidance from you by looking at the nadir would be greatly appreciated!

4. Re: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

That's looking ok (apart from the CA - but I know they are only test shots!). The lower rail setting seems fine. The upper rail setting is something of a compromise, so you need to see how a complete stitch looks.

John.
  5. Re: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Complete stitch is working well. Average error of 0.4 for CPs. I did adjust the CA in photoshop on some further tests.

Re: Upper rail. Should I look at moving it back a tad or work with what I have now. I'll be shooting a straight down nadir shot so the stitching errors you see there will/should be eliminated.
  6. Re: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Hello - I have the same setup as you and am using the NN3 I purchased in 2007. Are the settings working out for you...ie 5.1 lower and 9.1 upper? I remember there used to be a comprehensive chart somewhere on NN's website but I can't seem to find it anymore. Thanks!

Best,
    Gerard
  7. Re: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Quote Originally Posted by gerardjuarez View Post
    I remember there used to be a comprehensive chart somewhere on NN's website but I can't seem to find it anymore.
    The camera settings are still there in the Support section. See http://www.nodalninja.com/support/camerasettings.html.

John
  8. Re: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Thanks John...I saw that page but didn't see settings for the T1i. I used the 400D XTI before (NN3 - A=41 B=87) but just upgraded! If you happen to run across it please let us know! Thanks again! -Gerard
  9. Re: Sigma 8mm and Canon T1i Settings: Need help!

Just measure the settings yourself. It only takes 10-15 minutes and is not at all difficult. You can then inform Nick of your results so that the database can be updated for the benefit of others.

John
+ Reply to Thread