Data Recovery

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Data Recovery

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Data Recovery

The short of the story is I have had a server meltdown.

Does anyone have experience with Data Recovery software? Any recommendations?

:'(

Cheers
    Tony

Still on the merry-go-round and haven't worked out how to get off, and......don't want to.
  2. Re: Data Recovery

More clarification on "meltdown" would help. Won't boot? Smoke? No power?
    Single disk? Or RAID?

Unless the disk is physically damaged, you can install it into another computer or an external drive enclosure and copy the data. If there is data corruption, then only a partial recovery is likely.

David
  3. Re: Data Recovery

Ok. I should have been more specific but the how and what is not relevant. My fault 'cause I should have had workable backups. Its what I keep telling my customers "Do as I say, not say as I do" :

I have lost data and want to recovery it hence the question about experience and/or recommendations for Data Recovery s/w. I have lost data either through deletion, formatting or re-partitioning or a combination of all 3.

I've tried a couple and trying a 3rd as I type. Most data is recoverable provided the physical media hasn't been damaged and it hasn't. 10 fingers and 10 toes crossed.

Cheers
    Tony

Still on the merry-go-round and haven't worked out how to get off, and......don't want to.
  4. Re: Data Recovery

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post
    Ok. I should have been more specific but the how and what is not relevant. My fault 'cause I should have had workable backups. Its what I keep telling my customers "Do as I say, not say as I do" :

I have lost data and want to recovery it hence the question about experience and/or recommendations for Data Recovery s/w. I have lost data either through deletion, formatting or re-partitioning or a combination of all 3.

I've tried a couple and trying a 3rd as I type. Most data is recoverable provided the physical media hasn't been damaged and it hasn't. 10 fingers and 10 toes crossed.

Cheers
    Tony
    FinalData is a good sw. check it out.
    http://www.finaldata.com/Buy/?s=BUY.GUI

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread