Help and Advise Needed

Thread: Help and Advise Needed

Share/Bookmark
  1. Help and Advise Needed

Dear All
    I have a few questions I need help with and I hope the members of the forum can add their expertise,
    I am photographing holiday cabins and I would like to add some panoramic interiors which can be added to their web site.Please could you advise the corrrect softwear to use?
    I have Adode CS3 will this be adequate for stitching the shots together,or would I be better off purchasing PTQui as it seems to be highly recommended on the web?
    Finally,could the members recommend any books or tutorials as I would like to add another string to my bow with the addition of panoramic interiors,as I am excited at the prospect of Nodal Ninja improving my business
    acumen.....Many thanks Paul
  2. Re: Help and Advise Needed

Users Country Flag

Hi Paul,

I use PTGui for stitching, Photoshop for changing single fotos or to take away the tripod on the nadir. You can download a trial version and you find a lot of tutorials on the website.

If you like something more automaticallly, you can try a trial version of autopanogiga with a lot of tutorial as well.

Try and find out what you prefer on yourself.

Heinz
  3. Re: Help and Advise Needed

Heinz
    Thanks for your input,I have looked at Autopanogiga and I am most impressed.I am going to practice with my new Nodal Ninja 5 this afternoon,with shots of my back garden.Tonight I will download a trial version Autopano and compare it with Photoshop CS3.Finally I must add that there were some very interesting features included with this programe(Autopano) that would really impress my client.....Thanks Paul
  4. Re: Help and Advise Needed

Users Country Flag

you are welcome,

and feel free to ask more questions. I am shure you will get an answer to a problem on the forum. It is a quick turn around from people who offer their knowledge for free, to get newbies going without secondary problems with a very good product.

Heinz
  5. Re: Help and Advise Needed

I have been looking at quite a few software programes,becoming quite punch drunk.I think I will go with Autopano Pro,there is a special offer on at the moment which includes a video tutorial DVD.I would be interested to know if anyone has viewed it and could give a quick review.I have been impressed by the versitility of this programe,but if anyone has any alternative suggestions I would be most grateful.Paul
  6. Re: Help and Advise Needed

Users Country Flag

Hi Paul,

the DVD gives you an overview of panoramafotografie, which is explained within the software itself and with videos taken outside in a french village. The author tells something on how to setup your hardware, take your panos and what might be the difficulties in this place with high dynamic range.

I will try to let you see a screenshot of the dvd's index tonight. He is working the manfrotto panohead, i am quite sure you will be glad to have a NN one when you have seen it. In the beginning i worked with manfrotto as well. Now i am glad to have a nodal ninja.

Having baught the combi APG with DVD, i was a little disappointed about the dvd. But it is not bad.

Heinz
  7. Re: Help and Advise Needed

Thanks Heinz
    Really helpful,I will get the DVD as knowledge is power,and I sure need some of that at the moment.Thanks again Paul
  8. Re: Help and Advise Needed

Users Country Flag

Hi Paul,

This is the index from the DVD "learn Panoramic Photography with Autopano Pro", "complete training in 5h".

Heinz
  9. Re: Help and Advise Needed

10. Re: Help and Advise Needed

Many thanks once again Heinz,really appreciated...........................Paul