I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Thread: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Hello everyone, for those of you who do not know me my name is Terry Montague, for those of you who have seen my work have probably seen it so through my main website at regal360.com. I am posting here today because I have a new exciting website to share with everyone and that is www.regaltips.com

As a thank you to Nodal Ninja for letting me shamelessly plug this new site here I would like to offer you free add placement of a banner add on my website. Please contact me directly at terry@regal360.com for details, and to get the add set up.

I would like to give you all a quick explanation of what regaltips.com is all about.
    1. First is to provide recognition of fellow Panoramic Photographers (this month is Sam Rohn). I want to welcome anyone interested in being featured to simply send me a link to your work. I cannot tell you how excited I am to have a place to showcase other Panoramic Photographers with a way to show some insight into their work. There are many people who I believe deserve some much needed recognition, and I hope this website does exactly that.

2. Second is to provide a comprehensive video tutorial section and to share these "Regal Tips" with the community. My goal is to have a comprehensive collection video tutorial so that we all can learn and advance our techniques. I am also open to posting tutorials from others as well as a credit and a link back to their site should they offer up a tutorial for regaltips.com

3. Third is to review software/hardware and provide an honest and unbiased critique of the item in review. In this case I will be allowing guest reviews from other people in an effort to provide a comprehensive review database of popular hardware/software.

4. Fourth is to provide a new forum in which all vendors are welcome and organized making purchasing decisions easier. My hope is to have a general place for discussion where all major alternatives to hardware/software are considered. This is why I need your help to make sure Nodal Ninja is well represented on the forum.

So to wrap things up I want to give you a personal warm welcome to the new website. I also want to thank you for letting me post this here, and I would welcome feedback, questions, or comments.
    Thank you for looking.

http://www.regaltips.com
  2. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Hello Terry,

This sounds great but I miss the transparency about the commercial (or not) goal of the site.
    So it would help if you add a transparent and clear "point 5".

For example:

5. Fifth is to make money with the platform, when I can sell it for good money I will do so.
    or
    5. Fifth is to have fun with the platform but make no mistake, it will also serve a commercial goal.
    or
    5. Fifth is to keep the platform absolutely non-profit to avoid any bias in the content.
    or
    5. Fifth is to...... your own explanation about the commercial (or not) goal of the site....

Your explanation could help a lot in the decision making to join or not.

Best,
    Wim
  3. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Users Country Flag

Hi Wim,

i hope there is no big reason behind the fact that we did not get an answer to your serious question about the background of terry's website.
    :

Heinz

4. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    i hope there is no big reason behind the fact that we did not get an answer to your serious question about the background of terry's website.
    :
    Right, very strange not to get any news about question of goal ! Hope it's not the same story as pan0.net website

Vinc?®n

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  5. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Quote Originally Posted by terrycm View Post
    As a thank you to Nodal Ninja for letting me shamelessly plug this new site here I would like to offer you free add placement of a banner add on my website.
    Hi Terry,
    Added points
    * We have no objection to a commercial announcement of this sort that may benefit our customers.
    * When you sign up and post a commercial notice like this that has obvious benefit to your website/affiliate link it would be good to add your own contributions back to our own forum - maybe links to tutorials. Simply listing one thread/post in hopes to draw traffic to your website and not returning tends to imply one sided motives. I don't even see you as a customer unless you purchased from another reseller or on eBay.
    * You mentioned free ad placement - you already have our affiliate banner running that earns you 10% of sales generated through click and buys. The commission we pay out comes at a price to us and not really a "free" ad placement unless you take away the affiliate coding.

We hope you might come back and visit us from time to time and share your thoughts and ideas.

Wish you the best.

Bill
  6. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Users Country Flag

Hi Bill,

i just want to say thanks a lot to set things to the point.

Heinz
  7. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi Bill,
    i just want to say thanks a lot to set things to the point.
    Heinz
    Hi Heinz,
    Appreciate the kind words. We are very fortunate thus far to have what I feel to be a very productive forum going. We don't seem to experience a lot of argumentative dialog or finger pointing which makes for a more pleasant experience to all members. And we are very thankful to members such as yourself and others for their continued contributions.
    Cheers
    Bill
  8. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Sorry for the late reply, It appears I have rubbed many of you the wrong way, and that was not my intention. I have removed the affiliate link from the banner at the top. Bill when you log in you will see a tab "Banner Stats" appear right next to "The News" at the top of your page. This will give you information on the banner add. Such as:
    URL:
    Clicks:
    Views:
    CTR (clickthrough rate): %

To address your main question do intend to make money on regaltips.com? I would really hope so, I will be sharing my time, my tutorials, reviews, and featured photographers all with my own time and dime. I plan to feature and draw attention to deserving photographers and share information in an effort to make our work the best it can be. If any of you have the time to design, create, moderate, and share information on a website for our community with no intention of compensation then I would encourage you to do so, I have two baby girls and a wife to support so I am simply not able to do this.

This site should be a tool like any other website you visit... to learn, or share information, sell/purchased items, or read about panoramic photography in the news, and give respect to other fellow panoramic photographers. If I place a couple banner adds to compensate for my time I hope you all are reasonable enough to understand why. I made it a point to add Nodal Ninja to the forum under Pano Heads to make sure things were even. And I will do the same for any other requested pano head manufacturer so long as they follow the rules.

I hope you give the website another chance, and again I apologize for not getting back to you all sooner.

Regards,
    -Terry
  9. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Hey Terry,
    I do not believe you are rubbing anyone the wrong way - but some points occasionally need added clarification. When posting announcements like this it's usually good to opt for thread reply notification to quickly answer queries. You are more than welcome to leave the affiliate codes up but we're considering dropping the program all together soon.
    I realize you have a lot on your plate with the new website but keep driving forward and I'm sure you will do well. I signed up myself with your forum and will check in from time to time.
    We look forward to you sharing bits with us here.
    cheers
    Bill
  10. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Hi Bill, I really do appreciate the opportunity to share the news about my website here, so keeping the banner up for you is my way of saying thank you. Also thank your for singing up on regaltips, you have a wealth of information valuable to many in the community. On a side note I am looking to feature a panoramic photographer for November and would be thrilled if anyone here would like to be considered. Please send me a link to your website/portfolio and I can hopefully draw some much needed attention to your business.

-Terry
  11. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

Just a quick update, my tutorial for removing the tripod shadow in Photoshop is now UP thanks for looking! http://www.regaltips.com/index.php?o...als-&Itemid=71
  12. Re: I want to welcome you to a NEW panorama community website.

November featured photographer Simon Burgon is now up! Lets all congratulate Simon for some truly stunning work. www.regaltips.com