RD8 and custom panoheads

Thread: RD8 and custom panoheads

Share/Bookmark
  1. RD8 and custom panoheads

Hi guys,

since I have so many good reviews of the NN rotators I finally ordered an RD8 as a change for my Manfrotto rotator which is by far too heavy.

I received it today from a local dealer and the built and quality are exactly as expected. Great!
    But to my great surprise I will need a 6mm screw to mount my panohead on top of the rotator.

While the whole photographic world uses 1/4" and 3/8" screws for mountings I wonder what made you use M6? This causes me now a lot of headaches since there are no off the shelf adapters nor any simple, lightweight and cheap solutions to mount a 3/8" thread to an M6 thread.

Since M6 is not a problem here I am curious how the "anglo" world will solve this issue.
  2. Re: RD8 and custom panoheads

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    Hi guys,

since I have so many good reviews of the NN rotators I finally ordered an RD8 as a change for my Manfrotto rotator which is by far too heavy.

I received it today from a local dealer and the built and quality are exactly as expected. Great!
    But to my great surprise I will need a 6mm screw to mount my panohead on top of the rotator.

While the whole photographic world uses 1/4" and 3/8" screws for mountings I wonder what made you use M6? This causes me now a lot of headaches since there are no off the shelf adapters nor any simple, lightweight and cheap solutions to mount a 3/8" thread to an M6 thread.

Since M6 is not a problem here I am curious how the "anglo" world will solve this issue.
    I have made a few M6 to 3/8" adapter.
    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/m6-38-rd.htm
    I should have used 1/4" socket instead. But it is a trouble to find 1/4" screw in China.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: RD8 and custom panoheads

Well, at least that would be a solution. If only I had one. I doubt that my dealer has ordered these as well.

I highly recommend you write such a crucial detail into the specs of the product.
    One definitely should know that before ordering.

But it is a trouble to find 1/4" screw in China.
    I wonder how the rest of the Chinese photographic industry can deal with that.

4. Re: RD8 and custom panoheads

Do you think there is a more appropriate shipping method to Germany for a 6,00$ item instead of 32,00$ for UPS "express" mail that will take one to two weeks?
  5. Re: RD8 and custom panoheads

Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    Do you think there is a more appropriate shipping method to Germany for a 6,00$ item instead of 32,00$ for UPS "express" mail that will take one to two weeks?
    Just touch bases with us privately store[at]nodalninja [dot] com. If a local reseller does not stock an item a customer needs we are happy to extend a discount to help offset the shipping a bit. We only ship express overseas as many priority shipments get lost, lack tracking, or are excessively delayed.
    Bill