Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frankenstien NN3

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Moreover, cost of making each custom insert is high. I have to buy a lens first. Think about the number of lenses to support!
    You would only need to support the lenses you currently support. You already know the center to edge dimension of each ring clamp. A small square spacer with 4 holes would go between the base and the ring clamp. It is obvious that you already have a very cost effective manufacturing process already in place. How you are able to put the level of craftsmenship into your products and keep the costs down still amazes me. Since you are in a much better position to determine the cost effectiveness and usability of such a system, I will defer to your judgment.
  2. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
    You would only need to support the lenses you currently support. You already know the center to edge dimension of each ring clamp. A small square spacer with 4 holes would go between the base and the ring clamp. It is obvious that you already have a very cost effective manufacturing process already in place. How you are able to put the level of craftsmenship into your products and keep the costs down still amazes me. Since you are in a much better position to determine the cost effectiveness and usability of such a system, I will defer to your judgment.
    Hi Dennis,

Yes, our future spherical Ultimate pano heads will support current lens rings. I may add a few more wide angle lenses to the supported lens list too. :-) It depends on our resources and cost effectiveness. We aim to keep the prices low so that more people can afford our products.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Users Country Flag

We aim to keep the prices low so that more people can afford our products.
    Nick,

You do one heck of a job controlling costs. You are able to sell an arca style clamp for less than $50 complete. When I look at the engineering that goes into the clamp, I am amazed it can retail for such a low price. Your pole adapter has 5 tapped and 2 reamed holes. It sells for $10. I would ASSUME that a small block with 4 thru holes would not be that much. I think the convenience to the panographer would out weigh the cost. If not that many people swap out lenses/cameras, then this is a moot point.

Dennis
  4. Re: Frankenstien NN3

most lenses don't have suitable area for clamping. The clamping area must be very rigid and must not be a floating part from the lens flange. The clamping area must be close to the NPP. Since NPP is far away from the camera body for most zoom lens, the camera introduces a large torque on lens body. This can cause damage to the lens.
    Moreover, cost of making each custom insert is high. I have to buy a lens first. Think about the number of lenses to support!

Nick
    I don't think you would have to support *EVERY* lens. There not very many obvious fisheye lenses to support. You've already got most of them. And you could put an optional adjustable support near the camera/lens join to support the camera. I think you are clever enough to figure this out...
  5. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
    Nick,

You do one heck of a job controlling costs. You are able to sell an arca style clamp for less than $50 complete. When I look at the engineering that goes into the clamp, I am amazed it can retail for such a low price. Your pole adapter has 5 tapped and 2 reamed holes. It sells for $10.
    We have very thin profit for dedicated accessories. I hope to encourage customers to buy the accessories to get the most out of their NN.

Nick

Fanotec
  6. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Users Country Flag

Nick
    If you book this as R&D expenses and sell it off later (to your loyal customers) at reduced prices, I am sure it will absorb the cost without raising a tax issue.

7. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by psJIM View Post
    If you book this as R&D expenses and sell it off later (to your loyal customers) at reduced prices, I am sure it will absorb the cost without raising a tax issue.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye for suitable lenses.

Nick

Fanotec
  8. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye for suitable lenses.

Nick
    And maybe you could borrow lenses from your customers in exchange for a lens ring or some other compensation.

One big happy family right?
  9. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post
    And maybe you could borrow lenses from your customers in exchange for a lens ring or some other compensation.

One big happy family right?
    Unfortunately I am located in Asia. Most of my forum friends and customers are in USA and Europe. International shipping is expensive. There is chance of damage in transit. It is better to buy one and resell it later.

Nick

Fanotec
  10. Re: Frankenstien NN3

Unfortunately I am located in Asia. Most of my forum friends and customers are in USA and Europe. International shipping is expensive. There is chance of damage in transit. It is better to buy one and resell it later.

Nick
    I understand. Didn't think about the problem of shipping...
+ Reply to Thread