Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Hello, I want your opinion for my problem.
    Now I work with Nodal Ninja 2 and canon 400D with Tokina Lens 10-17mm and I m very happy with the results.
    With this lens I take 6 shots for cylindrical Panorama + 2 shots if I want to do 360 panorama.
    I must find a solution to make panorama with fewer shots and much faster because I need to make shooting in Greek Islands with small narrow alleys with many people walking on scene especially in summer months. So that gives me a lot of work in photoshop to create a good panorama. Instant panorama heads are not a solution for me because of there terrible result.
    I really need your feedback, Thanks
  2. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Sigma 8mm f/3.5 plus Ultimate R1 or R10 = 4 x shots and can be used with a monopod if careful. Or Sigma 4.5mm plus Ultimate R1 or R10 for only 3 x shots but quality not as high.

Badders
  3. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Users Country Flag

Hi,

lucky you on your Greek island in the summer, shall we change?

I have worked with manfrotto before, sometimes hard to make panoramas because lots of wounds on my hands, sharp edges, heavy, etc. I suppose you can get the best panoheads from Nodal Ninja which is on the market right now. Plus, super service.

I think the advice of badders is the same as it would be from Nick or Bill. Plus, if you buy the adaptorplate as well, it would be a nice idea to place it on a pole of 3m to take the pano from above, what might help you with the mass of people around.

Eager to see the results.

Heinz
  4. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Quote Originally Posted by giorgosmg View Post
    Hello, I want your opinion for my problem.
    Now I work with Nodal Ninja 2 and canon 400D with Tokina Lens 10-17mm and I m very happy with the results.
    With this lens I take 6 shots for cylindrical Panorama + 2 shots if I want to do 360 panorama.
    I must find a solution to make panorama with fewer shots and much faster because I need to make shooting in Greek Islands with small narrow alleys with many people walking on scene especially in summer months. So that gives me a lot of work in photoshop to create a good panorama. Instant panorama heads are not a solution for me because of there terrible result.
    I really need your feedback, Thanks
    Maybe a second hand 5D (±7-800 EU) and shaving your current Tokina (just 50eu ) will do ? and you can use your 400D as back-up.
    3 around will do, even with your NN2
    The R1 should be on your wish list :-)
    grtz
    Frank
  5. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Quote Originally Posted by badders View Post
    Sigma 8mm f/3.5 plus Ultimate R1 or R10 = 4 x shots and can be used with a monopod if careful. Or Sigma 4.5mm plus Ultimate R1 or R10 for only 3 x shots but quality not as high.
    Sigma 4.5mm fits on R1 or R10?
  6. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Quote Originally Posted by giorgosmg View Post
    Sigma 4.5mm fits on R1 or R10?
    Yup - sure does. See here: http://bit.ly/YMTLK

Badders
  7. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Quote Originally Posted by badders View Post
    Yup - sure does. See here: http://bit.ly/YMTLK
    Your gallery was a great help for me to decide that the sigma 4.5mm and R1-R10 is the best "package" to my needs.

Thanks a million
  8. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Great! You can order direct from our store if it works for you:

http://www.360tacticalvr.com

Badders
  9. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Hey Giorgos,
    with this sig 4.5 and 400D you only get low res pano's..
    Your Tokina (shaved) at 10mm will do a much higher resolution and can be mounted on the R1 as well.
    Go for a second hand 5D !
    (and an R1 :-))
    grtz
    Frank

(Upgrading your 400D to a 7D/50D is useless because image resolution of the lens can't match the sensor resolution)
  10. Re: Looking for the Best Solution for fast Panorama

Quote Originally Posted by bigwade View Post
    Hey Giorgos,
    with this sig 4.5 and 400D you only get low res pano's..
    Your Tokina (shaved) at 10mm will do a much higher resolution and can be mounted on the R1 as well.
    Go for a second hand 5D !
    (and an R1 :-))
    grtz
    Frank

(Upgrading your 400D to a 7D/50D is useless because image resolution of the lens can't match the sensor resolution)
    You are right for the resolution but the most important think for me is to get the panorama with much less shots than the 6 with tokina and canon 400D. The canon 5D with tokina how many shot need for a 360 panorama? Can its made with 3 shots? Do you have a link to see a panorama with this combination?

To the following panos you can see the morphology of the place I will take the panoramas only with much much more people all around (summer season). Very very narrow alleys!!!

Panoramas was taken with Canon 400D and tokina 10-17mm and some others in this site with sigma 10-20mm

Thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread