Hi Bill.
    thanks for adding my object movie.!!
    Website look smart!
    I only miss Carel on the frontpage!!
    He belonged there for so long I'll miss him
    Thank YOU - and Carel is back :-)
    Bill
  2. Re: No Leanna for me using Mac 10.5.8 using Safari

On my MacBookPro with OSX 10.5.8 and Intel iMac with OSX 10.6.1, both with Safari 4.0.3 Leanna graciously walks into the home page when entering the website.
    Why she don't show up on all Macs is an issue that is hard to tackle, the reason can be at the user side, a server hiccup, a network router, etc, so IMO there is not much that can be done to solve this issue.
    The most important thing to know that it is not related to a specific OS (OSX) or browser (Safari).
    My advice; clear the browsers cache (under menu Safari), do a fresh computer startup and try it again.

Wim

Quote Originally Posted by jmardy View Post
    OS X 10.5.8 and Safari 4.0.3
    Leanna video doesn't show. Audio works though. If I click her a new window opens up and audio and video play.
  3. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by jmardy View Post
    Hi Bill,
    It's looking great.
    I do have a few comments -I'm in a very similar situation, I've been staying up until 2AM every night using Dreamweaver to build my site www.safermoto.com and I know just enough to be dangerous...
    My thoughts:
    -I'm not a fan of websites that start talking to me automatically. I don't mind the option but I would rather it default to not playing.
    She''s a pretty girl, people will rollover her to see what she's about. ;-)

-The navigation buttons at the top require you to wait for the drop-down then choose a selection. I clicked on "Products" but nothing happened. Maybe you can have it default to the Product Selector if you click "Products".

-Do you know about W3C Validator?:
    http://validator.w3.org/
    The main page has 75 errors in it.
    Not necessarily a problem but it might be worth looking into. There are some good HTML Tidy programs out there too, BBEdit has one too.

-Clicking on the banner picture (http://www.nodalninja.com/siteassist...es/765x122.gif) should take you to the index.html page

These guys have some great scripts:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

I used their animate collapse:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...edcollapse.htm

to make my Products page more compact:
    www.safermoto.com/products

Keep up the good work!
    -John
    Hi John,
    Your website is stunning! It helps to showcase what is possible with DW.
    Being a beginner on all this I can only make minor changes here and there. As I learn more on this hole DW thing the errors you spotted will slowly disappear (hopefully).
    The girl only plays once and feedback on her is good thus far. I also have a version of her for the store but not sure yet if I am happy with what she says - may need changing.
    The menu is rollover initially and others have mentioned same. Nav bars are a bit more tricky for me and I'll look at changing this a little later.
    Thanks again for the feedback.

Bill

4. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Wim.Koornneef View Post
    Hello Bill,
    I was supprised when Leanna welcomed me when I entered the website.
    This welcome is setting the standard for the high quality of the new website and its content.
    Well done.
    Best,
    Wim
    Hey Wim,
    Appreciate the feedback. For those that don't see her nothing really lost but a bit of eye candy. A good percentage of our visitors are unique first timers and I thought the intro to be appropriate (unless you forget to turn down your speaker volume.
    thx
    Bill
  5. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Great job! It really looks good. My only suggestion would be something a little different with the camera settings page. Maybe a PDF so you can print it out and take it with you on the road.

Paul
  6. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by pkornuta View Post
    Great job! It really looks good. My only suggestion would be something a little different with the camera settings page. Maybe a PDF so you can print it out and take it with you on the road.

Paul
    Hi Paul - appreciate the feedback. On the settings most folks never use more than 1, 2 or 3 lenses for their panoramas so it's easier to write multiple settings on a piece of tape then stick your NN. Beats printing out the pages. You could also screen capture the settings you need.
    thx
    Bill
  7. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Leanna will no longer grace the screen - at least not from the one time auto-walk on feature. To see her visitors will need to click on her image at bottom of home page.
    We had a report of her coming on continually with a Safari user and we want to keep our Mac users happy
    thx
    Bill
  8. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    We had a report of her coming on continually with a Safari user and we want to keep our Mac users happy
    Thanks for Mac user

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  9. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post

thx
    Bill
    Yeah, I heard that Mac users are attractive bunch

Great site BTW
  10. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Users Country Flag

Oops. Forgot to tell you that links to recommended software easypano and ptgui do not link.
  11. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Users Country Flag

Hi Bill,

thanks for changing the appearance of leanna for all us mac users. Everytime i went back to Home, she began to talk again without seeing her. Was a bit annoying.

Thanks for changing this and good luck for all the rest. Cause of a great number of fans i am sure you will get the information about bugs etc very soon. And be sure, we enjoy your site even in this first stage of development.

Once again cheers,

Heinz

Cause we read, listen, and send hints
  12. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by psJIM View Post
    Oops. Forgot to tell you that links to recommended software easypano and ptgui do not link.
    fixed - thx
  13. Re: >>>>>NEW NODAL NINJA WEBSITE<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi Bill,
    thanks for changing the appearance of leanna for all us mac users. Everytime i went back to Home, she began to talk again without seeing her. Was a bit annoying.
    Thanks for changing this and good luck for all the rest. Cause of a great number of fans i am sure you will get the information about bugs etc very soon. And be sure, we enjoy your site even in this first stage of development.
    Once again cheers,
    Heinz
    Cause we read, listen, and send hints
    Lot's of Mac users out there - makes up for about 25% of our visitors so it's important we keep everyone happy.
    Bill
+ Reply to Thread