Settings on a NN3 MKII

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Settings on a NN3 MKII

Share/Bookmark
  1. Settings on a NN3 MKII

Hi all

Can any body help me?

I find that Still get a little a bit of paralax errors with my camera tripod set up. I use a Canon 450D /Sigma 8mm f/3.5 and use these setting from the Nodal website lower rail NN3 w/CP 55 upper rail 90. I use the camera plate, which i find easier to use. I have moved the bottom plate a few mm to 53, however I still get the same results.

Doing lens pupil experiments I'm not far out, however when stitching with PTgui I have a few errors which I have to photoshop out!

Does anybody have the same set up as mine? and if so could they help me out?

Kind regards

William

2. Re: Settings on a NN3 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Will Allard View Post
    Doing lens pupil experiments I'm not far out, however when stitching with PTgui I have a few errors which I have to photoshop out!
    Stitching errors aren't necessarily the result of a poor panohead setup. Often, they are due to less than optimum processing in PTGui - i.e. control points assignment and optimization. If the control points are widely spread out along the image overlaps and you have got the optimization figures down to <1 average and <2 to 3 maximum, you should have no trouble with stitching errors, particularly if there's nothing very close to the camera.

John
  3. Re: Settings on a NN3 MKII

Thanks John

I will concentrate more with Ptgui. Thanks for the reply

Regards

Will
+ Reply to Thread