Panorama viewer comparison project...

Thread: Panorama viewer comparison project...

Share/Bookmark
  1. Panorama viewer comparison project...

A bunch of us got together and with a lot of work from Keith Martin, we gathered as many panorama viewers as we could think of and loaded them up with the same image so that a visual, side by side comparison could be made.

We hope that it will be useful in giving people who are trying to decide which panorama viewer (and there's a bunch) would be the best match for the purpose intended.

Take a look at:

http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/comparisons/web/

It's mostly done but will be slowly evolving over the next few weeks/months.
  2. Re: Panorama viewer comparison project...

Nice work DD and "a bunch". This is a very useful method for comparison.

I use FireFox (v3.5.3) browser and it sometimes crashes, but not always on the same pano, not always with the same viewer. Are there any known browser compatibility problems with these viewers?

Thanks for a great contribution to the community!

David
  3. Re: Panorama viewer comparison project...

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    Nice work DD and "a bunch". This is a very useful method for comparison.

I use FireFox (v3.5.3) browser and it sometimes crashes, but not always on the same pano, not always with the same viewer. Are there any known browser compatibility problems with these viewers?

Thanks for a great contribution to the community!

David
    I'm running FF 3.5.2. It sometimes just stops working for no particular reason.

There are known OS compatibility problems with the various plugins. But there is no particular FF3 compatibility problem with the individual plugins.

I think the problem is the number of plugins all more or less running in the same page / same browser session.

We have these plugins (in no particular order):
    Silverlight
    Shockwave
    Flash
    DevalVR
    Java

And people can switch back and forth between them. I thinks that's a kind stress test that the browser developers might not have tried.