Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

Closed Thread

Thread: Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Share/Bookmark
  1. Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

The subject line is a song for those that might not know For those that do know the song is probably now stuck in your head - sorry.
    Some folks have been asking where I have been and humbling to know I've been missed.
    I'm right here on the side lines but have been very busy working on a "complete" website makeover which is nearing completion.
    If any of you know building a website up from scratch is no easy task - especially when you don't know html, css, sprys, ajax (not the cleaner) php, etc.
    I've had to buy new glasses so as to crack open the books and learn Dreamweaver CS4 and glad I did. Yes there is a book called Dreamweaver for Dummies and it's sitting right here on my desk.
    The website will be basic but very attractive and informative and hopefully help to answer many questions. We'll have a cool product selector, tutorials (always a work in progress) and even an eye pleasing surprise. Better too much information than not enough - nothing worse than walking into a book store and only seeing a couple books on the shelf. But I'm hoping the website will be organized well enough to find your way around easily.

Like a bull in a china shop I have to tread carefully or the shop will come crashing down. In my learning phase I experienced how easy it is to screw up the entire website with simple errors in css. There have been plenty of do over's but I'm backing up more and more often. And I'm leaving a few lesser important pages out (like the weather in Morocco page - darn) so we can go live sooner than later. I'm hoping folks will be pointing out errors and needed tweaks initially and we'll work hard to make the needed corrections.
    Thanks for your patience and watch for the launch very soon.
    Cheers
    Bill
  2. Re: Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    The subject line is a song for those that might not know For those that do know the song is probably now stuck in your head - sorry.
    Some folks have been asking where I have been and humbling to know I've been missed.
    I'm right here on the side lines but have been very busy working on a "complete" website makeover which is nearing completion.
    If any of you know building a website up from scratch is no easy task - especially when you don't know html, css, sprys, ajax (not the cleaner) php, etc.
    I've had to buy new glasses so as to crack open the books and learn Dreamweaver CS4 and glad I did. Yes there is a book called Dreamweaver for Dummies and it's sitting right here on my desk.
    The website will be basic but very attractive and informative and hopefully help to answer many questions. We'll have a cool product selector, tutorials (always a work in progress) and even an eye pleasing surprise. Better too much information than not enough - nothing worse than walking into a book store and only seeing a couple books on the shelf. But I'm hoping the website will be organized well enough to find your way around easily.

Like a bull in a china shop I have to tread carefully or the shop will come crashing down. In my learning phase I experienced how easy it is to screw up the entire website with simple errors in css. There have been plenty of do over's but I'm backing up more and more often. And I'm leaving a few lesser important pages out (like the weather in Morocco page - darn) so we can go live sooner than later. I'm hoping folks will be pointing out errors and needed tweaks initially and we'll work hard to make the needed corrections.
    Thanks for your patience and watch for the launch very soon.
    Cheers
    Bill
    I am eager to see the new website. Great you find time to learn web design software. I have spent my time learning how to write manual using CorelDraw X4 and take better product photos. My photographic skills still need lots of improvement. But I can see I am improving.
    Graet, our team is improving and matching forward.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

thx - of course you'll get to preview it before the public
  4. Re: Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Very nice to hear that Bill Hope it was not too painful to learn website design because I know how complex and repulsive it can be sometimes to start to learn something new, but it's a great reward when you succeed to what you had in dream or expected

Impatient to be able to preview new website

Vinc?®n

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  5. Re: Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Congrats, Bill. I can't wait to see the results. As someone who has gone through the "pain" of learning website engineering and coding (the design part I can do in my sleep), the "gain" is that you aren't reliant on someone else (or some "custom" technology) for updates or fixing those little things that bug you... or the big things that bring it all down on a Sunday night (it's always on the weekends!). More power to you!
  6. Re: Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Mr B should sell/ship !
    Mr N should produce and design !
    I have no idea how you guys have the time to do/learn this other stuff :-)))))
  7. Re: Bill Bailey won't you please come home. NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwade View Post
    Mr B should sell/ship !
    Mr N should produce and design !
    I have no idea how you guys have the time to do/learn this other stuff :-)))))
    Creative budgeting of time.
    The website is very close to going live - my 500th post will be it's official launch notification.
    hmm - this is already my 497th post I better get a move on.......
Closed Thread