Rotator base inconsistency

Thread: Rotator base inconsistency

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Rotator base inconsistency

Nick...

On this post http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.ph...sg4570#msg4570 you described the base of the NN5 as having 2 3/8" holes. I got a RRS plate to work with it and found the two holes an asset to avoiding any twisting of the plate.

I just received a R-16 rotator. Much to my surprise, it only had one hole in the center.

Why the inconsistency and lack of 2nd hole?

John
  2. Re: Rotator base inconsistency

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jrsforums View Post
    Nick...

On this post http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.ph...sg4570#msg4570 you described the base of the NN5 as having 2 3/8" holes. I got a RRS plate to work with it and found the two holes an asset to avoiding any twisting of the plate.

I just received a R-16 rotator. Much to my surprise, it only had one hole in the center.

Why the inconsistency and lack of 2nd hole?

John
    The rotators have different construction. Adding one more hole will allow dust/dirt entering the rotator cylinder more easily. Also there is extra work in doing so.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Rotator base inconsistency

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    The rotators have different construction. Adding one more hole will allow dust/dirt entering the rotator cylinder more easily. Also there is extra work in doing so.

Nick
    Well...I understand the differences and extra work. However, I would think that dust/dirt would be more prone to be a problem from the holes in the side of the cylinder, that one add'l hole on the bottom...which would probably be closed up by the plate and attachemnet bolt(s).

Since you mentioned it....what would be the process to clean the cylinder if dust/dirt became a problem? I see no instruction for disassembly, if required.

All the above said, the RD-16 is a real nice piece of work.

John
  4. Re: Rotator base inconsistency

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jrsforums View Post
    Well...I understand the differences and extra work. However, I would think that dust/dirt would be more prone to be a problem from the holes in the side of the cylinder, that one add'l hole on the bottom...which would probably be closed up by the plate and attachemnet bolt(s).
    most people just don't use a QR plate.

Since you mentioned it....what would be the process to clean the cylinder if dust/dirt became a problem? I see no instruction for disassembly, if required.

All the above said, the RD-16 is a real nice piece of work.

John
    We should have the documents ready before lots of rotators need cleaning.

Nick

PS you can get a piece of high quality cork sheet as anti-twisting material from us free of charge. It is very solid if you tighten the bolt by a hex hey.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.