Can't set-up NN3 - urgent help needed!

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't set-up NN3 - urgent help needed!

Share/Bookmark
  1. Can't set-up NN3 - urgent help needed!

I have a canon 350D with kit lens 18-55mm. The settings for my nodal ninja are in the table on the website but it gives parallax errors with these settings. I have tried to set it up myself using the user manual and the video on the website plus other info sourced from the internet but it still doesn't work and gives me parallax errors - so much so that I could never print the pictures as they just look terrible. I am using photostudio to stitch my photos together. Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be going wrong here? Is it possible that my software is not up to stratch? I can't decide whether to send the product back and get a refund, and am quickly running out of time!

Thanks,

Richard
  2. Re: Can't set-up NN3 - urgent help needed!

If you get parallax errors then the head isn't set up properly, and you just need to continue adjusting it. It's impossible to give any more specific instructions without better information (e.g sample photos) about your problems.
    As far as I know, ArcSoft PhotoStudio doesn't include any panorama stitching functions, do you mean some other program called "photostudio"? There are several free panorama stitching programs available, have you tried any of them?
  3. Re: Can't set-up NN3 - urgent help needed!

Thanks for your reply. I have just downloaded a free trial of PTGui and it appears to stitch my photos very well with no errors. It looks like I just need to invest in some decent software, and therefore the settings look like they are correct! Would you recommend to buy PTGui or any other software packages for making panaramas? I have something with photostudio in the name that has a stitching feature but it's obviously not quite up to the job! (it came free with my camera).

Thanks very much,

Rich
  4. Re: Can't set-up NN3 - urgent help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlyman84 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I have just downloaded a free trial of PTGui and it appears to stitch my photos very well with no errors. It looks like I just need to invest in some decent software, and therefore the settings look like they are correct! Would you recommend to buy PTGui or any other software packages for making panaramas? I have something with photostudio in the name that has a stitching feature but it's obviously not quite up to the job! (it came free with my camera).

Thanks very much,

Rich
    PTgui is great...I use it. You may want to give 'Hugin" a try...it is quite similar...and free.

John
+ Reply to Thread