Questions about the 5DMKII + Sigma 8mm f/3.5 fisheye

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about the 5DMKII + Sigma 8mm f/3.5 fisheye

Share/Bookmark
  1. Questions about the 5DMKII + Sigma 8mm f/3.5 fisheye

Hi everybody,

I have many questions ...

I have a 5DMKII + Sigma 8mm f/3.5 fisheye and I would like to use the NN3 pano head at the end of a pole/mast.

a) Is it possible to use only the lower rail with the camera plate for my equipment (landscape mode in the User Manual p. 19) ? Does the camera plate move on the rail ? And what is the total weight of this setup (horizontal rail, camera plate, MKII Lower Rotator Base, Vertical Rail Knob, Lower Rotator Tension Knob, etc.).

b) Are the settings for the 5D (www.nodalninja.com/html/canon_settings.html) the same for the 5DMKII ?

c) what are the differences between the N3T30 and N3T20 T-adapters ?

Thanks for your answer.

2. Re: Questions about the 5DMKII + Sigma 8mm f/3.5 fisheye

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by spi10n View Post
    Hi everybody,

I have many questions ...

I have a 5DMKII + Sigma 8mm f/3.5 fisheye and I would like to use the NN3 pano head at the end of a pole/mast.

a) Is it possible to use only the lower rail with the camera plate for my equipment (landscape mode in the User Manual p. 19) ? Does the camera plate move on the rail ? And what is the total weight of this setup (horizontal rail, camera plate, MKII Lower Rotator Base, Vertical Rail Knob, Lower Rotator Tension Knob, etc.).
    Yes, it is possible. But you should not do that. You get a huge nadir footprint in this configuration.
    b) Are the settings for the 5D (www.nodalninja.com/html/canon_settings.html) the same for the 5DMKII ?
    Not sure. But it should be very close. Take it as a starting point and do the calibration following the instruction in John's tutorial. If you don't know how to get the NPP right, you have not managed pano making.

c) what are the differences between the N3T30 and N3T20 T-adapters ?
    They are both discontinued. T-20 supports offset of 20mm, T-30 supports 30mm.
    they will be replaced by a new universal T-adapter next month.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread