Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Thread: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Share/Bookmark
  1. Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

I would like to know the total weight of Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II. In the description page, it states that it's only 350g. Is 350g for the whole NN3+rotator+leveler? Then it's lighter than the 475g of the single Nodal Ninja 3 MKII?? If 350g is not for the whole set, what is the total weight then?

I am using Canon 40D and Tokina 10-17mm lens. Is Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II suitable for me to create 360x180 QTVR?

Thank you!
  2. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Oh sorry.. I have a further question after viewing a previous topic in the forum - http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=279.0

I would also like to have a confirmation if Tokina 10-17 + Canon 40D + NN3-II with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II is possible +90 degrees up with correct settings on NPP, i.e. lower rotator won't hit the camera.

Thank you!!
  3. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lala123 View Post
    I would like to know the total weight of Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II. In the description page, it states that it's only 350g. Is 350g for the whole NN3+rotator+leveler? Then it's lighter than the 475g of the single Nodal Ninja 3 MKII?? If 350g is not for the whole set, what is the total weight then?

I am using Canon 40D and Tokina 10-17mm lens. Is Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II suitable for me to create 360x180 QTVR?

Thank you!

The RD3L rotator alone is 350g. The default rotator of NN3II should weight about 120g. EZ-Leveler alone is 200g. So overall, its weight is similar to NN3II default rotator + EZ-LII.
    Yes, NN3II with RD3L is suitable for your gear. Full rotation is supported.

NIck

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Thank you Nick for the reply!

Then it's difficult for me to select between NN3-II alone or NN3-II+rotator+leveler... I'll use the NN3 mainly in field and the weight will be one of the major concerns!! :-\
  5. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Then it's difficult for me to select between NN3-II alone or NN3-II+rotator+leveler... I'll use the NN3 mainly in field and the weight will be one of the major concerns!! :-\
    If you have a good quality ball head that will allow you to level easily and/or don't mind using the legs of the tripod to fine tune your level (not that difficult really if the legs move independantly of each other) then the NN3 MKII will be all you need.
    thx
    Bill
  6. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Users Country Flag

If you want to use Tokina 10-17mm and do a full rotation, you need one of the advanced rotators (RD4/8/16/3L). NN3II default rotator blocks the camera for zenith shot.

Nick

Fanotec
  7. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    If you want to use Tokina 10-17mm and do a full rotation, you need one of the advanced rotators (RD4/8/16/3L). NN3II default rotator blocks the camera for zenith shot.

Nick
    Really??!! Because of the big knob at the base? Then I need to spend more money to buy Nodal Ninja 3 MKII w/Rotator R-D8...
  8. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

So, I want to confirm the following information for my Canon 40D and Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens:
    1. NN3-II is not fully suitbale for my camera set as there is a big knob at the base which would block the camera for zenith shot.
    2. I need the NN3-II with advanced rotator for full rotation.

Then, how about the overall weights of "Nodal Ninja 3 MKII w/Rotator R-D8" and "Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II"? Which one is lighter? Both of them can let my set of camera having full rotation?

Thank you!
  9. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Users Country Flag

So, I want to confirm the following information for my Canon 40D and Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens:
    1. NN3-II is not fully suitbale for my camera set as there is a big knob at the base which would block the camera for zenith shot.
    2. I need the NN3-II with advanced rotator for full rotation.

Then, how about the overall weights of "Nodal Ninja 3 MKII w/Rotator R-D8" and "Nodal Ninja 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II"? Which one is lighter? Both of them can let my set of camera having full rotation?

Thank you!
    Weight of RD8 and RD3L are almost identical. Yes, they allow full rotation based on NPP value submitted by customers in the database.

Nick

Fanotec
  10. Re: Weight of NN3 with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Weight of RD8 and RD3L are almost identical. Yes, they allow full rotation based on NPP value submitted by customers in the database.

Nick
    Thank you Nick for the reply. Actually I was quite surprised that NN3-II alone cannot give full rotation for my camera set. I suggest this information could be mentioned in the "Cannon Settings" page http://www.nodalninja.com/html/canon_settings.html . Thank you!