QRP2 Plate + Tripod Head compatibility?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: QRP2 Plate + Tripod Head compatibility?

Share/Bookmark
  1. QRP2 Plate + Tripod Head compatibility?

Hi all,

I am planning to get a new tripod & tripod head, but i need the tripod/tripod head to be fully compatible with my QRS2 (specifically, with the QRP2 Plate) so that i can leave the plate always attached to my camera.
    This way i can switch between my NN5 & regular tripod head without having to change the camera plate.

I don't have any preference in any brand, my concern is solely on the compatibility of the plate (QRP2) and the clamp from the tripod head.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated..

Thanks,
    Riefa

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
  2. Re: QRP2 Plate + Tripod Head compatibility?

Users Country Flag

[quote=Riefa;27630]
    Hi all,

I am planning to get a new tripod & tripod head, but i need the tripod/tripod head to be fully compatible with my QRS2 (specifically, with the QRP2 Plate) so that i can leave the plate always attached to my camera.
    This way i can switch between my NN5 & regular tripod head without having to change the camera plate.

I don't have any preference in any brand, my concern is solely on the compatibility of the plate (QRP2) and the clamp from the tripod head.

Thanks,
    Riefa

The QRP2 plate does not fit any Other tripod head... it is unique to The NN range.
    However The standard Manfrotto, Giottos and Gitzo plates fit the QRS2 clamp.
    so there is a wide range of Tripods and heads available.
    I use manfrotto 200PL-14 plate and leave it on my camera. This fits both my NN clamp and My manfrottoo 055 proB tripod with a wide range of Manfrotto heads.

Thre are many more expensive and lighter Carbon fiber tripods in the same range.
  3. Re: QRP2 Plate + Tripod Head compatibility?

Ah i see...its the other way around..

Thanks for the info Terry..

cheers,
    Riefa

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
  4. Re: QRP2 Plate + Tripod Head compatibility?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Riefa
    You can buy another QRC2 and mount it on tripod. QRC2 has 1/4" and 3/8" sockets.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread