Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

Here's a couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes NN has for sale. I think those fisheyes are the best deal ever for a compact camera fisheye. Shoot 1 straight up -- 4 around and 2 straight down and then do a patch for the nadir anyway you want.

These where shot at F5.6 -- focus real close -- maybe 2 meters away (2 yards) and then a little post processing and it makes a decent pano. Not as good as a full frame DSLR but what the heck -- not as expensive either. And a lot easier to carry about.

I left those big flares in just because I liked them -----

http://pancyl.com/BloodMountain.htm

http://pancyl.com/HeartLake.htm
  2. Re: Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

They very good considering the price of the lens.

I thought you could make a panorama with just 2-3 shots with those lenses (185 degrees)
    Is this lens good for interiors? I am trying to get an affordable kit for real estate.
    What is the maximum resolution I could get with a 13.5 mp camera?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks
  3. Re: Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoto View Post
    They very good considering the price of the lens.

I thought you could make a panorama with just 2-3 shots with those lenses (185 degrees)
    Is this lens good for interiors? I am trying to get an affordable kit for real estate.
    What is the maximum resolution I could get with a 13.5 mp camera?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks
    I think 2 or 3 shots is doable. Depends on the camera you are using. On my 28mm Fuji e900, the image circle is definitely smaller than the frame so you get a full circle. But with a compact camera, the resolution is such that I usually shoot 4-6 around. You can get a full spherical pano with either Z or N that way. Again it depends on your camera. It's a conversion lens so you are shooting though your camera's lens.

If you use a camera like a G10/11 or LX2/3 you'll get acceptable results. With a 13.5 MP camera, it should be a fine, low cost solution. I've been getting pretty good results lately with 4 around + Z. You'll need to do a little sharpening after but it's easy.

It's a great lens for the price.
  4. Re: Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

Thanks for your prompt answer DemonDuck.

Do you happen to have an example of an interior shot with this lens?
  5. Re: Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

Thanks for your prompt answer DemonDuck.

Do you happen to have an example of an interior shot with this lens?
    Nope. Don't do interiors. My camera is a cheapo camera and has low dynamic range and poor low light performance. It's very noisy in low light. Interiors have low light and the windows are bright.

If you are going to do interiors, get the Panasonic lx3. It's seems to do the best in low light -- according to dpreview.com.

The lens is only as good as the camera it's on.
  6. Re: Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

It's been snowing up here a bit. I stuck my tripod half out the door and took 4 around + nadir. The snow was glaring white and my house was completely dark except for the light through the window. And I wanted to see how good my nodal point adjustment was. I just cloned the tripod out. Don't look too close at the nadir.

This isn't a great pano but the dynamic range is an interesting challenge. As you see, my camera doesn't have much...

http://pancyl.com/Door.htm
  7. Re: Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

Wow. Nice resolution! What panohead do you use?

Thanks for sharing
  8. Re: Couple of panos shot with one of those IPIX fisheyes ...

Wow. Nice resolution! What panohead do you use?

Thanks for sharing
    NN3 ----
+ Reply to Thread