Which Nodel 3 MKII should I purchase

Thread: Which Nodel 3 MKII should I purchase

Share/Bookmark
  1. Which Nodel 3 MKII should I purchase

I have a Nikon d90 and I am going to purchase the Nikon 10.5 fisheye lens. I will be creating 360 panoramas and I was wondering which setup i should purchase to make the rotation as easy as possible to use. What benefits does one have over the other, I have about a $300 budget for this.

Nodal Ninja 3 MKII:
    - w/Rotator R-D16
    - with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II
    - with RD3L 6-8-30 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II
    - w/Rotator R-D8
    - Complete Package

Any advise is much appreciated,

Paul
  2. Re: Which Nodel 3 MKII should I purchase

Hi Coppershark,
    welcome to the forum.
    With the gear you have you'll more than liekly be shooting at 60 degree increments or 6 shots around.
    While the NN3 pkg at $229.95 would work fine the NN3 w/RD3L 6-8-10 would be best. With built leveler you're saving on weight and money.
    http://store.nodalninja.com/NN3_p/n3ii-rd3l-6-8-10.htm
    Bill
  3. Re: Which Nodel 3 MKII should I purchase

Thanks for the quick response Bill...

For only a $10 difference in your opinion would the NN 3 MKII w/Rotator R-D16 be easier to use or does the RD16 rotator have an advantage or is the NN 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II similar and will work fine for my camera and lens?

Paul
  4. Re: Which Nodel 3 MKII should I purchase

Quote Originally Posted by coppershark View Post
    Thanks for the quick response Bill...
    For only a $10 difference in your opinion would the NN 3 MKII w/Rotator R-D16 be easier to use or does the RD16 rotator have an advantage or is the NN 3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator/EZ-Leveler-II similar and will work fine for my camera and lens?
    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    IMO you do not need the RD16 - it's more for those shooting with longer lens plus it doesn't have built in leveler which is very handy. You will really appreciate the NN3 MKII with RD3L 6-8-10 Rotator with built in EZ-Leveler-II - and it comes with a full 30 day money back guarantee.
    thx
    Bill