Mega Kuningan - International Town Park

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mega Kuningan - International Town Park

Share/Bookmark
  1. Mega Kuningan - International Town Park

Another viiew of Jakarta city, this time at one of the most prestigious business complex in the city.

http://tr.im/pGl6

Actually, no picture is allowed within the complex, but somehow I managed to have a friendly chitchat with one of the security patrol...then off to shoot...

Critics are very much appreciated..

Cheers,
    Riefa

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
  2. Re: Mega Kuningan - International Town Park

Hi Riefa,
    Many times it's easier to coach the game rather than play the game. Even my own work hasn't reached that level of wow just yet but practice makes perfect.
    If you truly seek critiques here are some humble thoughts:
    Work the sky - doesn't seem to have a natural look to it.
    Work the ground - this is one the first places a person will look. You could actually shoot your down shot first to avoid trampled or cloned in grass.
    Bracket your shots - not a lot of extra work to do in the field this and this will help to avoid under and over exposed areas.
    Composition and creative flare - IMO pano's from a field do not have the impact as if you were to take a pano next to a high rise building with the "field" off in the distant. With 360x180 degree panos you something to look up to and even to down to.
    Go fullscreen - give the viewer this "option" to create an added wow factor.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
    Bill
  3. Re: Mega Kuningan - International Town Park

If you truly seek critiques here are some humble thoughts:
    indeed....i really appreciate this Bill..

Work the sky - doesn't seem to have a natural look to it.
    I couldn't agree more. I'm learning to use HDR feature in photoshop, but i think i get lost somewhere in the way...:p
    Previously i've tried using exposure blending with Photomatix (3x430MB tiff), but the programs give error message due to insufficient memory....(i have only 2GB RAM installed though)

Work the ground - this is one the first places a person will look. You could actually shoot your down shot first to avoid trampled or cloned in grass.
    Will do, actually i forgot to shot another nadir shot (at 180degree & 0 degree), so i have quite large space to work with...and..my photoshop skills is not there yet...:p
    And also, my viewpoint correction method thru PTGui is not perfect yet.

Bracket your shots - not a lot of extra work to do in the field this and this will help to avoid under and over exposed areas.
    I did, EV 0 -2 +2...

Composition and creative flare - IMO pano's from a field do not have the impact as if you were to take a pano next to a high rise building with the "field" off in the distant. With 360x180 degree panos you something to look up to and even to down to.
    i was lucky enough not to get arrested shooting at that location....its prohibited to take a picture of any part of the building within the complex..
    Will do find another better spot for my panos..

Go full screen - give the viewer this "option" to create an added wow factor.
    I will. I'm currently building the web template using a template provided from http://www.kubische-panoramen.de/ppg11/index-e.php. If you have any other resources (template) that might help me building a web, really appreciate it.. I'm very new to web development, so might take a while..

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
    Will do for sure, and hope people here don't get annoyed by my "not so good" panorama, and hoping for inputs & critics to improve my panorama..

Cheers,
    Riefa

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
+ Reply to Thread