Wrong size mounting-plate screw for NN5.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrong size mounting-plate screw for NN5.

Share/Bookmark
  1. Wrong size mounting-plate screw for NN5.

Well...I had thought that the fun was really about to begin - what with the earlier arrival of my NN5, but find that there is a little setback. The mounting screw on my tripod's quick-release plate is the wrong size (too small) for the female acceptor on the underside of the RD/16. Following, are two photos of the plate. I know that the photos won't afford determination as to what the screw size is, but maybe it will serve to illustrate - to someone from the company - what type of plate I would need to get, when the proper screw size has been learned.

~Blessings~
    Nathan

www.nlalston.zenfolio.com
  2. Re: Wrong size mounting-plate screw for NN5.

Please disregard my initial post, above.

I was attempting to setup the NN5 directly on my tripod. I had forgotten all about the EZ-leveler ll, while trying that. I found, however, that the concerned screw posed no problem on mating with the female connector on the bottom of the leveler. So, it looks as if I am in business anyway .

~Blessings~
    Nathan

3. Re: Wrong size mounting-plate screw for NN5.

Some quick release systems like the one you show in the image do have little annoying index pins that protrude. Many times you can punch these pins through with a little center punch or pull out with pliers. We would never suggest breaking it off however.
  4. Re: Wrong size mounting-plate screw for NN5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Some quick release systems like the one you show in the image do have little annoying index pins that protrude. Many times you can punch these pins through with a little center punch or pull out with pliers. We would never suggest breaking it off however.
    Hi Bill.

You know, I never really considered what usage that pin might be good for, and (though the pin itself wasn't what had posed a hurdle for me) I may indeed look into punching it out. I am just thankful that the leveler saved the day for me.

~Blessings~
    Nathan

+ Reply to Thread