R-D16 and EZ Leveler-II

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: R-D16 and EZ Leveler-II

Share/Bookmark
  1. R-D16 and EZ Leveler-II

    #1

    Hi, Ok I've decided to keep my NN5/R-D16 and now am looking at a leveling solution as kicking the tripod legs is taking too much time and effort..If I get an EZ Leveler-II, is it possible to buy an extra cork gasket to go between the bottom of the EZ Leveler-II and the top of the tripods platform?I want to make shure everything stays tight as I walk around with the rig over my shoulder.Thanks!

    Chris
  2. Re: R-D16 and EZ Leveler-II

    #2
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Netherlands
    Posts: 1,733

    Hi,

    i screw my Ez-Leveller II directly to the manfrotto tripod and fix it additionally with the screws from the tripod head against the leveller basis. This is super fixed and does not come loose.

    But anyway, i would not walk along with the NN5 and the camera on top. Either the rotator moves around itself under a bigger load like D3 plus lens, or the rotators basis comes loose from the leveller. Do not fix the rotators basis to hard to the leveller, cause you might have trouble to get it off again. So at least take off your camera walking around. The rest will stay fixed without an additional cork in between.

    Heinz
  3. Re: R-D16 and EZ Leveler-II

    #3

    Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi,

    i screw my Ez-Leveller II directly to the manfrotto tripod and fix it additionally with the screws from the tripod head against the leveller basis. This is super fixed and does not come loose.
    Hi Heinz, yes my Manfrotto 3221 tripod has these screws as well, but my Feisol 3372 tripod does not

    Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    But anyway, i would not walk along with the NN5 and the camera on top. Either the rotator moves around itself under a bigger load like D3 plus lens, or the rotators basis comes loose from the leveller.
    Well so far I'just tighten the big blue knob on the rotator and sling the whole tripod and camera over my shoulder with the weight pointing downward, and it has worked quite well.The Pentax K cameras and old Takumar glass are much lighter than the D3 or the Canon 5D I use to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Do not fix the rotators basis to hard to the leveller, cause you might have trouble to get it off again.
    Thanks for the heads up

    Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    So at least take off your camera walking around. The rest will stay fixed without an additional cork in between.
    Well the whole reason I switched to the lighter weight cameras and tripod was so I walk around with the whole unit as one.Last night I was out and caught the light just right, if I had to set the tripod up and then attach the camera the light would have been gone.Just taking the time to try and level the tripod legs almost made me miss the image, so thats why the ez leveler Thanks Heinz!

  4. Re: R-D16 and EZ Leveler-II

    #4
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,364

    Quote Originally Posted by cloudswimmer View Post
    Hi, Ok I've decided to keep my NN5/R-D16 and now am looking at a leveling solution as kicking the tripod legs is taking too much time and effort..If I get an EZ Leveler-II, is it possible to buy an extra cork gasket to go between the bottom of the EZ Leveler-II and the top of the tripods platform?I want to make shure everything stays tight as I walk around with the rig over my shoulder.Thanks!

    Chris
    contact Bill. I give him some cork sheet for this purpose.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts