Mirror ball?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mirror ball?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Mirror ball?

I haven't tried this yet but was wondering how to insert a mirror ball image (made with pano VR) into the nadir area of a pano?
  2. Re: Mirror ball?

3. Re: Mirror ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I haven't tried this yet but was wondering how to insert a mirror ball image (made with pano VR) into the nadir area of a pano?
    Hi Jake - here are some other PS mirror ball scripts as well:
    http://bit.ly/1zqekA
  4. Re: Mirror ball?

humm, I drag the file into photoshop window and it says photoshop does not recognize this file?
  5. Re: Mirror ball?

can't help with PS support (don't know enough) but this does work for me in CS3.
    sorry
  6. Re: Mirror ball?

humm, I drag the file into photoshop window and it says photoshop does not recognize this file?
    What version of Photoshop are you using? Only the more recent versions of Photoshop support Actions. You can tell if your version does support Actions by seeing if that option is listed in the Window pulldown menu. If it is, select it to open the Actions palette. Click on the tiny triangle near the top right of the palette to open the submenu and try using the Load Actions option to install the CapFlex.atn action file.

John
  7. Re: Mirror ball?

I'll have a look into this, I am using CS3 version 10.
  8. Re: Mirror ball?

Hello Jake,
    I am not a Photoshop user as I have used PSP for a very long time and my method may be a bit primitive, but I create the Mirror Ball image and open it in PSP. I also create the Cube Images and open the down Cube Image, then use the é─˙Selectioné─¨ option as a é─˙Circleé─¨ to select the circular Mirror Ball image, then é─˙Copyé─¨ and é─˙Paste as a New Imageé─¨, which gives me a circular image with the rest of the square image transparent that and which I can resize as required. I then é─˙Pasteé─¨ this into the down Cube Image from which I can create Flash, QuickTime or whatever.
    Best regards, Hugh.
  9. Re: Mirror ball?

It's worth noting that the Capflex action and Pano2VR produce quite different mirror ball images. Pano2VR produces an optically correct image in which the horizon is positioned in more-or-less the right place at a distance from the centre of 0.7 of the radius. The Capflex action puts the horizon at close to 0.5 of the radius. I don't suppose for a moment that many people will care, but I like to see the mirror ball being done correctly. It's just as easy to get it done right as wrong.

John
  10. Re: Mirror ball?

Hello Jake,

My reply is far over time :-\ but I guess you are not the only one with this question.

You mention "made with pano VR", that name doesn't ring a bell, it is possible that you mean Pano2VR ?
    If so then creating and inserting a mirrorball with Pano2VR is very simple.

In Pano2VR you can choose the option Transformation (New Output format), the Add option, the Parameter option (key wrench tool icon) and in the new window that appears choose Mirrorball for output. Set the proper params for it and create the mirrorball with the Create button (gear icon).

With the "Patch input" button, and new Patch: "Add" you make a patch, then go to the parameters setting window (again with the key wrench).
    Browse with the "Open" button to the Mirrorball you just created, choose it and insert it.
    With the parameters Pan, Tilt, Roll and Fov you set the position and the size of the Mirrorball in the pano, when you want the mirrorball in nadir then choose a tilt of -90, size it with Fov and rotate the mirrorball in the correct position with Yaw.

When you are ready hit OK, reload the original image and check the results of the mirrorball patch in the Viewing parameters window (modify button)
    If you are not satisfied (position, size, etc.) go back to the patch parameters window and change the parameters that are involved.

BTW, there is a dedicated Pano2VR forum for more help:
    http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/

Success,
    Wim

+ Reply to Thread