need ordering info for NN5

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need ordering info for NN5

Share/Bookmark
  1. need ordering info for NN5

Hi, I just ordered the R-D16 rotator and was wondering, when the NN5's are back in stock, would it be possible to order the NN5 minus the RD16 since I will already have the RD16?In the mean time I was planning to use the RD16 with my NN3 till the NN5's are available again, then putting the NN3's rotator back on, and having two setups, the NN5 for my dslr's, and the NN3 for my Canon Powershots.Please let me know if this will be possible.Thanks!.......

Chris Strobel
  2. Re: need ordering info for NN5

P.S. Does the R-D16 rotator come with a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter in it?If not can you guys add one to my order?Thanks again

Chris Strobel
  3. Re: need ordering info for NN5

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cloudswimmer View Post
    Hi, I just ordered the R-D16 rotator and was wondering, when the NN5's are back in stock, would it be possible to order the NN5 minus the RD16 since I will already have the RD16?In the mean time I was planning to use the RD16 with my NN3 till the NN5's are available again, then putting the NN3's rotator back on, and having two setups, the NN5 for my dslr's, and the NN3 for my Canon Powershots.Please let me know if this will be possible.Thanks!.......

Chris Strobel
    talk to your dealer. there should be no problem making such an arrangement.
    All rotators come with 1/4"-3/8" adapter.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: need ordering info for NN5

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    talk to your dealer. there should be no problem making such an arrangement.
    All rotators come with 1/4"-3/8" adapter.

Nick

Hi Nick, well I ordered the R-D16 rotator from your online store (store.nodalninja.com), and was just notified its not in stock either Also they said the NN5 is sold only with the rotator, and it would not be possible to order the NN5 arms separately.I'd been seriously tossing back and forth the RRS Ultimate Pivot Pro package vs. the R-D16 and using both the NN3 and NN5 arms on it depending on camera and shooting conditions.But now I'm a little concerned.It sounds like if I were to order the whole NN5/R-D16 package, and something were to happen to the arms on a shoot (they get left behind, damaged, etc.) the only way to replace them would be to buy another whole NN5 package with at least the cheap rotator, is this correct?I really would like the click stops of the R-D16, but RRS allows you to buy parts as needed.So now I'm not sure again which way to go.

Chris
  5. Re: need ordering info for NN5

Talked to Bill and went ahead and ordered the NN5.Great customer service!

Chris
+ Reply to Thread