with Sigma 10-20mm in a busy urban location?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: with Sigma 10-20mm in a busy urban location?

Share/Bookmark
  1. with Sigma 10-20mm in a busy urban location?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any tricks for shooting a 360 VT in a busy mall situation with a Sigma 10-20? Problems i'm having is blurred/cut-off people, having to shoot the "up and down" shots.

Any ideas? or do I need to save up for a Fisheye lens?

Cheers,

Antz.
  2. Re: with Sigma 10-20mm in a busy urban location?

Quote Originally Posted by Antz View Post

Any ideas? or do I need to save up for a Fisheye lens?
    Hi Antz,

I'm a newbie around here...hopefully i could help..

I assume you are using a crop factor camera body, then I suggest fish eye like tokina 10-17 (only need 6 shots, plus 1 N and 1 Z)....or even better circular fish eye Sigma 8mm (only need 3 shots, if you want to be safe u can add 1N 1Z)

You will probably still got some blurred because people are moving, but at least you got smaller amount of frame for further cleaning in your editing software..

Cheers,
    Riefa

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
  3. Re: with Sigma 10-20mm in a busy urban location?

Users Country Flag

Hi Antz,

try to set the camerasettings ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed in that way, that you get the quickest shutter speed as possible. In case use a higher ISO. Take the pictures against the direction most of the people or traffic moves, so that you do not follow them up by taking your pictures. Sometimes you have to wait to take the following picture, cause there might be half a tram or bus on your picture. Or wait till you can get a full one, and place it in your picture to cover something by layers.

Take your zeniths in +60? pitch to have more help to get controlpoints. Having taken your photos so far, place something on the ground in the middle under your tripod (coin e.g.) pitch to -30? , go backwards from your 0? position on the panohead till you find the coin right in the middle of your focus. Take your nadir. Later you can arrange this by for example using "view point correction" by PTGui or via layers by photoshop. Using a fisheye lens will leave you around with reduced number of photos and much more speed in taking your pano. Sometimes this might help specially with moving sun and shadows or moving clouds, trees and waves on the water cause of a heavy wind.

So long

Heinz

4. Re: with Sigma 10-20mm in a busy urban location?

Thanks guys,

Much appreciated!

Am now very tempted to fork out for the sigma 8mm. It just sounds like it will make my life so much easier! Yes I am using a crop factor body.

Great advice using the coin etc... Is PTGUI the best software for this?

Cheers,

Antz
  5. Re: with Sigma 10-20mm in a busy urban location?

Quote Originally Posted by Antz View Post
    Great advice using the coin etc... Is PTGUI the best software for this?

Cheers,

Antz
    Agree on the coins also..

For software, there are several if not many...... PTGui, PTAssembler, AutopanoPro, RealViz, Panorama Factory, Hugin (this one is open source AFAIK), and the list will go on and on...

which one is the best, its highly depends on personal workflow and taste.. you should download the trial and get some experience for at least 2 or 3 software....and i think you'll soon find out which one suits you the most. My personal preference is PTGui..

Cheers,
    Riefa

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
+ Reply to Thread