My NN5 has just arrived..:001_smile:

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My NN5 has just arrived..:001_smile:

Share/Bookmark
  1. My NN5 has just arrived..:001_smile:

Finally, i have NN5 in my hand...

Actually I bought it about 3 weeks ago via www.pano-store.de and send it to my colleagues in Berlin, and so on and so on, then hand carried by another colleague of mine (hehehe..to eliminate shipment cost for sure..:d ), and finally my NN5 reach me in Jakarta, Indonesia by today..

my first comment when start unpacking the package and had a quick inspection on the product was:
    [glow=red,2,300]"...this is not a product....this is an artwork..."[/glow]

overall, the product is as good as i see it on the website... very strong & sturdy, the finish very smooth... all and all...i'm a satisfied owner of NN5

A few notes though:
    1. Inner Packaging
    The inner packaging is not exactly the same as on the website. Below is the picture of the package i received:

it doesn't have compartments made of hard foam (i assume) which will make it more steady & neat when packed...
    I'm considering of do some DIY to create this hard foam...should be easy i think......
    For comparison, this is what it looks like on NN store: http://store.nodalninja.com/PhotoDet...uctCode=N5-PKG

2. Paint/coating quality
    When my colleague received the product 3 weeks ago, I've asked him to do full inspection of the product including making some panos with it. He's also quite familiar with NN, not yet an owner though.... And somehow the lower rail had a very minor bump on the corner edge and the paint got peeled off a bit....only a bit though...not more than 4mm long and about 1mm width. There is no structural damage to the lower rail itself..only the paint.... Hopefully future product release will have superior paint quality...

3. Quick Reference Guide (Manual?)
    I am fully aware that the full manual is available at your website and is ready to be downloaded in PDF format (i've downloaded it 2 months before i actually buy the product...:p). But in my opinion, regarding the high quality of the product itself, it would be nice to have a printed version of the manual book, just like when you buy a new camera system / lens.. I am assuming that you've done this to reduce indirect production cost, but i still think a printed manual book will give more positive impact on customer satisfaction, and at the end of the day, for Fanotec anyway ......hehehe...just my two cents though..

Anyway...thanks for the top quality products, and I will surely post my panos & QTVR later on..

BTW,
    here is a dummy review made by my colleague about this particvular NN5 (its written in Bahasa Indonesia though, sorry for this, but there are some images):
    http://noorcholis.multiply.com/journ..._Nodal_Ninja_5

and these are some panoramas of Berlin that also made by my colleague using this particular NN5:
    http://tr.im/lrKd
    http://tr.im/lrKY
    http://tr.im/lrLb
    http://tr.im/lrLi

Cheers,
    Riefa

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
  2. Re: My NN5 has just arrived..:001_smile:

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post
    1. Inner Packaging
    The inner packaging is not exactly the same as on the website. Below is the picture of the package i received:

it doesn't have compartments made of hard foam (i assume) which will make it more steady & neat when packed...
    this is our new case which fits the new rotators and other accessories such as QR system.

2. Paint/coating quality
    When my colleague received the product 3 weeks ago, I've asked him to do full inspection of the product including making some panos with it. He's also quite familiar with NN, not yet an owner though.... And somehow the lower rail had a very minor bump on the corner edge and the paint got peeled off a bit....only a bit though...not more than 4mm long and about 1mm width. There is no structural damage to the lower rail itself..only the paint.... Hopefully future product release will have superior paint quality...
    this should not happen. We don't allow this flaw leave the factory. Check with your reseller or your friends.

3. Quick Reference Guide (Manual?)
    I am fully aware that the full manual is available at your website and is ready to be downloaded in PDF format (i've downloaded it 2 months before i actually buy the product...:p). But in my opinion, regarding the high quality of the product itself, it would be nice to have a printed version of the manual book, just like when you buy a new camera system / lens.. I am assuming that you've done this to reduce indirect production cost, but i still think a printed manual book will give more positive impact on customer satisfaction, and at the end of the day, for Fanotec anyway ......hehehe...just my two cents though..
    yes, we are working on them. We are small company. We have to do many things by ourselves. But we put the highest priority to serve our customers and deliver high quality product.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: My NN5 has just arrived..:001_smile:

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    this is our new case which fits the new rotators and other accessories such as QR system.
    Okay, thx for the update..

this should not happen. We don't allow this flaw leave the factory. Check with your reseller or your friends.
    Thanks a lot for your f/u thru my PM...

yes, we are working on them. We are small company. We have to do many things by ourselves.
    This is what i like...small company...but deliver top notch product..and 5 stars customer service...

Thanks a lot Nick..

Cheers,
    Riefa

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
  4. Re: My NN5 has just arrived..:001_smile:

Users Country Flag

Just my 2c

You don't need paper manual anymore.

It's tree we cut down wastefully now that there's something like pdf and smartphones.

You may even get a carbon credit for that :
  5. Re: My NN5 has just arrived..:001_smile:

+ Reply to Thread