Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I am still verifying NPP values. The value for Sigma 8mm F3.5 Nikon mount is wrong.
    It should be
    Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon (4 around), Quick release handle at left.
    +7.5-----1.15
    +5-------1.5
    0---------2.2
    -2.5------2.5
    -7.5------3.2

There is no problem in reading values like 3.6 or 3.65 for a scale that is max at 3.5. There are 2 auxiliary lines which are 0.15cm away from the center line. Using these lines, you can ready up to 3.65.

Nick
    PS the lens ring plate/ rail is right for your model. You don't get any benefit to use -7.5 deg tilt on a tripod. The tripod and Rotator D4 block more than 10 deg. Tilting down more than 2.5 won't do you any good.
    Sorry please take a look on your "users manual" for R1 http://www.nodalninja.com/R1_quick_r...front_back.pdf

Your advice for sigma 8 mm / 3,5 for Nikon is there:

+12,5 ---- 0,70
    + 7,5 ---- 1,25
    + 5 ----- 1,6
    0 ----- 2,25
    - 2,5 ----- 2,55
    - 7,5 ----- 3,75

Please let me try tomorrow again with the new numbers. Thank your for your answer.
    Regards
    Petra
  2. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Hi Dalileis,

Just got the lens and did some tests.
    Here is the nadir size for a 8000x4000 spherical pano.
    http://www.pbase.com/digital_initiat...25172/original
    Using the lens ring plate originally for Sigma 8mm F3.5 Nikon mount will generate a slightly larger nadir hole. I tape the lens ring plate with a green label. So you see the green square. The inner black region is non-overlapping region (due to tilting up the lens). optimized lens fov is 179.3 deg.
    As you can see the nadir size is very much the same for 5 deg tilt. It is limited by the D4 rotator. The recommend tilt for Sigma 8mm on 1-1.5x sensor is 2.5-5 deg. 7.5 deg is too much.
    So you can get the lens ring model dedicated for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon. Or you can get the lens ring model with shorter lens ring plate which is dedicated for Sigma 15mm for nikon. It will be released this week. Both models work for you. I will use shorter lens ring plate For Sigma 8mm F4 Nikon mount in the future.

Nick
    Hi

I was so dissapointed with your answer there, Nick. There was supposed to be a dedicated Sigma 8mm F4 version ready to order, yet there was none.

Sigma 8mm F3.5 produces a noticeably larger nadir hole, so not an option. Question, also, is how secure it is, as it is not made specifically for F4

I do not want my expensive new camera crashing down the rocks, goes without saying.

I am not sure what you mean by this:

"So you can get the lens ring model dedicated for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon. Or you can get the lens ring model with shorter lens ring plate which is dedicated for Sigma 15mm for nikon. It will be released this week. Both models work for you. I will use shorter lens ring plate For Sigma 8mm F4 Nikon mount in the future."

What exactly are you saying here? Please help me understand.

1. Is lens ring dedicated for Sigma 15 mm for Nikon completely and totally safely compatible with Sigma F4 for Nikon?

2. When using ring dedicated for Sigma 15 mm Nikon with Sigma F4 for Nikon that way, how is the nadir hole size comparing to lens ring for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for NIkon used on Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon? Smaller? Same? Larger?

3. You said that the lens ring model with shorter lens ring plate which is dedicated for Sigma 15mm for Nikon would be realesed couple of weeks ago. Has it been released, can it be ordered?

4. You say: "I will use shorter lens ring plate For Sigma 8mm F4 Nikon mount in the future." Does this mean you will make a dedicated Sigma 8mm F4 Nikon mount lens ring version still?

5. My situation is: I plan to use D300 + Sigma 8mm F4 at 0 degrees tilt. I want nadir as small as safely and technically possible. What really are my options then? Sigma 15 mm lens ring for Nikon?

6. Also you mention, quote: "As you can see the nadir size is very much the same for 5 deg tilt. It is limited by the D4 rotator".

I don¬Ąt see that, honestly. Those large protruding corners make a big difference when retouching. The nadir is quite noticeably larger. It is limited by the D4 rotator at the sides, yes. But the corners are much larger and make quite a difference.

Please, advise. Thank you.

3. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dalileis View Post
    1. Is lens ring dedicated for Sigma 15 mm for Nikon completely and totally safely compatible with Sigma F4 for Nikon?
    Yes, lens dimensions at mounting position are the same. The only difference is Sigma 15mm is shorter than Sigma 8mm. So A shorter lens ring plate is needed.

2. When using ring dedicated for Sigma 15 mm Nikon with Sigma F4 for Nikon that way, how is the nadir hole size comparing to lens ring for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for NIkon used on Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon? Smaller? Same? Larger?
    the picture I shew you was a comparison between lens rings for Sigma 15mm and Sigma 8mm F3.5. Shorter lens ring plate is for Sigma 15mm.

3. You said that the lens ring model with shorter lens ring plate which is dedicated for Sigma 15mm for Nikon would be realesed couple of weeks ago. Has it been released, can it be ordered?
    Check it out here.
    http://store.nodalninja.com/category_s/66.htm
    It should be available now. But it was wrongly labeled as for Canon. I have ask Bill to correct it.

4. You say: "I will use shorter lens ring plate For Sigma 8mm F4 Nikon mount in the future." Does this mean you will make a dedicated Sigma 8mm F4 Nikon mount lens ring version still?
    I will label the lens ring as
    "Lens Ring for Sigma 8mm f/4 and 15mm (Nikon Mount) "

6. Also you mention, quote: "As you can see the nadir size is very much the same for 5 deg tilt. It is limited by the D4 rotator".
    yes, the rotator and / or the tripod is the limit.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

There was supposed to be a dedicated Sigma 8mm F4 version ready to order, yet there was none.
    Here we go a dedicated ring for sigma 8mm F4 (Nikon mount)
    http://store.nodalninja.com/_p/u-r-s8f4-s15-n.htm

Nick

[size=8pt]
    [moderator note - slight edit to url][/size]

Fanotec
  5. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

You are the best.

Got it, everything understood. And this is what I call support. Every question answered, all of it cleared, straight to the point. Fantastic. My order will be placed within next two months. Cheers and thanks!
  6. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

I already have the original NN5 and the RD16 rotator . Can I just buy the " R10 with no rotator " and use these rotators instead ?

thx,

john
  7. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnchoy View Post
    I already have the original NN5 and the RD16 rotator . Can I just buy the " R10 with no rotator " and use these rotators instead ?

thx,

john
    I have made an adapter for using R1/10 on RD8/12/16. It will be uploaded to store in a few days.
    Mind you that this combo is very heavy and bulky.

Nick

Fanotec
  8. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Mind you that this combo is very heavy and bulky.
    that's good it can be used on the RD16.

I plan to use this combo when on tripod. I guess it will be light than the NN5 w/ RD16, Is it right?

9. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

that's good it can be used on the RD16.

I plan to use this combo when on tripod. I guess it will be light than the NN5 w/ RD16, Is it right?

sure!

Nick

Fanotec
  10. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Can this be done by disassemble the R10 no rotation.
  11. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

Can this be done by disassemble the R10 no rotation.
    Yes. this is for shifting the NPP a few mm forward of the rotation axis. Good for high pole.

Nick

Fanotec
  12. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info. I know what I need now.

Still haven't seen the adapter for RD16 in the store. And in order to save shipping, I want to place the order including this. Can you tell me the exact availability.

Thanks,

John

13. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Here we go a dedicated ring for sigma 8mm F4 (Nikon mount)
    http://store.nodalninja.com/_p/u-r-s8f4-s15-n.htm

Nick

[size=8pt]
    [moderator note - slight edit to url][/size]

Hi Nick,

on the Ultimate R1 ordering page:

http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/u-r1.htm

there is no choosable option for dedicated Sigma 8mm F4 (Nikon mount).

Please take a look at the provided screenshot:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3875/...nikonmount.jpg

I¬Ąd like to order R1 with one lens ring dedicated for Sigma 8mm F4 (Nikon mount). Can¬Ąt do it. Can you please fix this?

Thank you.
  14. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

Hi Nick,

on the Ultimate R1 ordering page:

http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/u-r1.htm

there is no choosable option for dedicated Sigma 8mm F4 (Nikon mount).

Please take a look at the provided screenshot:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3875/...nikonmount.jpg

I¬Ąd like to order R1 with one lens ring dedicated for Sigma 8mm F4 (Nikon mount). Can¬Ąt do it. Can you please fix this?

Thank you.
    Oops, I miss the error in the page.
    Lens Ring for Sigma 8mm f/4 and 15mm (Canon Mount)
    should be replaced by Nikon Mount.

Sorry for that.

Nick

Fanotec
  15. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

No problem, Nick.

But, can you please fix it so I can order what I want? I need it for a major, extremely important project, and would like to order it and have it delivered ASAP. The big time client is waiting and I think the R1 just might be the anwser to my (our) problems. They were very nice to me and I would love to make their wish come true (360¬? from the top of the beacon in the hotel harbour). So pretty please with sugar on top...

Need to shot from that beacon, no place for downshot, so musthave as small nadir as possible. Thus, my earlier questions about the nadir size, muy importante.

If that does not work out, I will shot one more version, just in case, where the monopod will be protruding about two meters from the top of the beacon, parallell to the ground which is about 16 meters below. The monopod will have D300, Sigma 8mm F4 and, you guessed it, R1 on top of it. The rotating of the camera will be managed by rotating the monopod at the other end and not breathing for a while. Thus, my earlier questions about the security and complete safety of the setup.

+ Reply to Thread