Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 165

Thread: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #76
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,427

    Quote Originally Posted by supertrogg View Post
    I see you now have a ring for a Tokina 10-17mm lens,will there be one for the Tokina 11-16mm lens?
    No. I don't see any advantage using a ring for rectilinear lens.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  2. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #77

    Nick,

    Thank you for the reply.
    Ignoring for a moment the fact that the lens is rectilinear, I was looking at the R1/R10 as a lighter alternative to my NN3 MKII and RD16.


    Lee
  3. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #78
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,427

    Quote Originally Posted by supertrogg View Post
    Nick,

    Thank you for the reply.
    Ignoring for a moment the fact that the lens is rectilinear, I was looking at the R1/R10 as a lighter alternative to my NN3 MKII and RD16.


    Lee
    But R1/10 only support single row. Not suitable for lens with limited angle of view.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #79

    Does anyone have NPP settings for the Nikon 10.5mm. I thought these would be the R1 users manual!
  5. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #80
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,427

    Quote Originally Posted by griffburgh View Post
    Does anyone have NPP settings for the Nikon 10.5mm. I thought these would be the R1 users manual!
    Many NPP settings will be included in the manual to be released in a few days. Here are some.

    all with QR handle at left side
    R1 + Tokina 10-17@12mm (4 around)
    Tilt-------Setting
    +7.5-------1.55
    +5-------1.90
    0-------2.55
    -2.5-------2.90
    -7.5-------3.55

    R1 + Tokina 10-17@10mm (3 around)
    +5-------2.25
    0-------2.80
    -2.5-------3.15



    R10 + Tokina 10-17@12mm (4 around)
    Tilt-------Setting
    0-------1.9
    +2.5-------1.6

    Sigma 4.5mm for Canon (3 around)
    +5-----2.7
    0-------3.4
    -2.5----3.7

    Sigma 4.5mm for Canon (2 around)
    0-------3.85

    Nikon 10.5mm (3 around)
    5-------1.45
    0-------2.0
    -2.5----2.3

    Nikon 10.5mm (4 around)
    5------1.10
    0------1.85
    -2.5---2.05

    Nikon 10.5mm (6 around)
    7.5---------0.8
    0-----------1.65
    -7.5--------2.65
    -10---------2.85



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  6. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #81

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    The ring mount is compatible with the very old sigma 15mm as well. So I assume is is compatible with the 8mm F4. However, the lens body is shorter than the F3.5 version. It may require a shorter sliding plate for the ring to keep the nadir footprint small. I have ordered a 8mm lens F4 version. It is still on the way. I will confirm it and release a compatible version in these 2 weeks.

    Nick
    Nick, the 2 weeks you mention above expire tomorrow, will there be an announcement soon? Thanks.

    Best regards,

    Dalileis
  7. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #82
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,427

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalileis View Post
    Nick, the 2 weeks you mention above expire tomorrow, will there be an announcement soon? Thanks.

    Best regards,

    Dalileis
    Hi Dalileis,

    Just got the lens and did some tests.
    Here is the nadir size for a 8000x4000 spherical pano.
    http://www.pbase.com/digital_initiat...25172/original
    Using the lens ring plate originally for Sigma 8mm F3.5 Nikon mount will generate a slightly larger nadir hole. I tape the lens ring plate with a green label. So you see the green square. The inner black region is non-overlapping region (due to tilting up the lens). optimized lens fov is 179.3 deg.
    As you can see the nadir size is very much the same for 5 deg tilt. It is limited by the D4 rotator. The recommend tilt for Sigma 8mm on 1-1.5x sensor is 2.5-5 deg. 7.5 deg is too much.
    So you can get the lens ring model dedicated for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon. Or you can get the lens ring model with shorter lens ring plate which is dedicated for Sigma 15mm for nikon. It will be released this week. Both models work for you. I will use shorter lens ring plate For Sigma 8mm F4 Nikon mount in the future.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  8. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #83

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    i am making adapter for R1 so that it can mount on any pod with 3/8" screw. you can expect it at the end of this month.


    Nick
    Hi Nick, is the adapter for R1 available now?

    thanks!

    BTW R1 works great at the Panotools meeting in Timisoara, I took about 100 live panos as tests here
    http://www.livepanoramas.com/tests.html
    the small miss alignaments you might see in couple (few) of panos are due to the fact I wasn't use a remote (the wireless one didn't work as expected)
    and because of hurry.

    cheers, Dorin

  9. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #84
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,427

    Quote Originally Posted by DorinDXN View Post
    Hi Nick, is the adapter for R1 available now?

    thanks!

    BTW R1 works great at the Panotools meeting in Timisoara, I took about 100 live panos as tests here
    http://www.livepanoramas.com/tests.html
    the small miss alignaments you might see in couple (few) of panos are due to the fact I wasn't use a remote (the wireless one didn't work as expected)
    and because of hurry.

    cheers, Dorin

    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/u-r1-pole-kit.htm


    NICK



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  10. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #85

    Great!
    Thank you Nick.


    Another piece of info wihich may be of some interest for the R1 buyers, I didn't check if it was posted before, sorry if it was, is that if one mounts the ring with the spirit level toward the camera, it reverses the sign of the tilting angles, which, deppending of the lens, may be some useful extra
    So one can have then
    the regular
    (-15, -10, -7.5, -2.5, 0, +5, +7.5, +12.5 deg.)
    and
    (+15, +10, +7.5, +2.5, 0, -5, -7.5, -12.5 deg.) tilting angles,
    note: not all allows the preserving of the NPP but may be useful

    cheers, Dorin
  11. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #86

    Quote Originally Posted by badders View Post
    Offset setting for Sigma 8mm f/3.5 is:


    Angle of Tilt - Sigma 8mm x 4
    +12.5 - 0.9
    +5 - 1.9
    0 - 2.6
    -2.5 - 2.85
    -7.5 - 3.6
    -10 - 3.9
    Hello, I am really very confused. As first: the numbers you have written in the forum are not the same as written on your website (users manual) I tried all the day to get the rigth settings and all I got are a lot of stitching errors especially in the zenit. I use Sigma 8mm f/3.5 for Nikon and I bought my R10/R1 as you told me in the Berlin internet store. By the way: it needed a lot of time to get it. I guess I got an older modell - anyway I can not use your settings because the version I got has only a scale from 0,5 to 3,5. What is wrong? I would like to take the shoots with -7,5 because then I don't have to care about zenit. But you say "3,6" for -7,5 and I don't have it. I tried a couple of hours to find out the right adjustment - but I got stitching errors - sometimes more, sometimes less. What can I do? I really thought this modell is a great possibility to get acceptable resullts without having much trouble to adjust. Please help me. Thank you
    Petra
  12. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #87

    Hello Petra,

    Perhaps I can be of any assistance to clear your confusion.

    Altough the Nodal Ninja Ring models R1 and R10 are using the same metal ring, plastic insert and rail, the settings for both models are different.
    Because you want to set a tilt of -7.5 degree I assume you have the R1 model.
    For the R1 you indeed need a setting of 3.6 (cm) for the Sigma f3.5, 4 shots around and a tilt of -7.5 degree.

    The rail of the Sigma 8 f3.5 should have a total lenght of 4.5 cm and the markers on the rail are engraved from 4 to 0.5 so a setting of 3.6 is possible.
    It seems that the total lenght of your rail is less then 4.5 cm so I advice you to contact the vendor, explain the situation and ask for a replacement rail.
    If the vendor don't have the rail on stock then I advice you to contact the sales department of Nodal Ninja and then fore sure this issue will be solved very quickly.

    BTW, the rail is fixed to the ring with 4 short bolts and with one of the hex keys supplied with the R1 you should be able to easily replace the rail yourself.
    Before you contact the vendor or the sales department of Nodal Ninja it is best to check out if the proper hex key is indeed supplied.

    Success,
    Wim



    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Hello, I am really very confused. As first: the numbers you have written in the forum are not the same as written on your website (users manual) I tried all the day to get the rigth settings and all I got are a lot of stitching errors especially in the zenit. I use Sigma 8mm f/3.5 for Nikon and I bought my R10/R1 as you told me in the Berlin internet store. By the way: it needed a lot of time to get it. I guess I got an older modell - anyway I can not use your settings because the version I got has only a scale from 0,5 to 3,5. What is wrong? I would like to take the shoots with -7,5 because then I don't have to care about zenit. But you say "3,6" for -7,5 and I don't have it. I tried a couple of hours to find out the right adjustment - but I got stitching errors - sometimes more, sometimes less. What can I do? I really thought this modell is a great possibility to get acceptable resullts without having much trouble to adjust. Please help me. Thank you
    Petra
  13. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #88

    Quote Originally Posted by Wim.Koornneef View Post
    Hello Petra,

    Perhaps I can be of any assistance to clear your confusion.

    Altough the Nodal Ninja Ring models R1 and R10 are using the same metal ring, plastic insert and rail, the settings for both models are different.
    Because you want to set a tilt of -7.5 degree I assume you have the R1 model.
    For the R1 you indeed need a setting of 3.6 (cm) for the Sigma f3.5, 4 shots around and a tilt of -7.5 degree.

    The rail of the Sigma 8 f3.5 should have a total lenght of 4.5 cm and the markers on the rail are engraved from 4 to 0.5 so a setting of 3.6 is possible.
    It seems that the total lenght of your rail is less then 4.5 cm so I advice you to contact the vendor, explain the situation and ask for a replacement rail.
    If the vendor don't have the rail on stock then I advice you to contact the sales department of Nodal Ninja and then fore sure this issue will be solved very quickly.

    BTW, the rail is fixed to the ring with 4 short bolts and with one of the hex keys supplied with the R1 you should be able to easily replace the rail yourself.
    Before you contact the vendor or the sales department of Nodal Ninja it is best to check out if the proper hex key is indeed supplied.

    Success,
    Wim


    Thank you Wim, this is what I thought. I sent an E-mail to NN resellers pano-store in Berlin. I live in Berlin and if they are intersted in finding a solution it should be easy. Hopefully soon because I am really keen to try out my new baby D90.

    Kind regards
    Petra
  14. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #89
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,427

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Hello, I am really very confused. As first: the numbers you have written in the forum are not the same as written on your website (users manual) I tried all the day to get the rigth settings and all I got are a lot of stitching errors especially in the zenit. I use Sigma 8mm f/3.5 for Nikon and I bought my R10/R1 as you told me in the Berlin internet store. By the way: it needed a lot of time to get it. I guess I got an older modell - anyway I can not use your settings because the version I got has only a scale from 0,5 to 3,5. What is wrong? I would like to take the shoots with -7,5 because then I don't have to care about zenit. But you say "3,6" for -7,5 and I don't have it. I tried a couple of hours to find out the right adjustment - but I got stitching errors - sometimes more, sometimes less. What can I do? I really thought this modell is a great possibility to get acceptable resullts without having much trouble to adjust. Please help me. Thank you
    Petra
    Sorry for the confusion. I am still verifying NPP values. The value for Sigma 8mm F3.5 Nikon mount is wrong.
    It should be
    Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon (4 around), Quick release handle at left.
    +7.5-----1.15
    +5-------1.5
    0---------2.2
    -2.5------2.5
    -7.5------3.2

    There is no problem in reading values like 3.6 or 3.65 for a scale that is max at 3.5. There are 2 auxiliary lines which are 0.15cm away from the center line. Using these lines, you can ready up to 3.65.


    Nick
    PS the lens ring plate/ rail is right for your model. You don't get any benefit to use -7.5 deg tilt on a tripod. The tripod and Rotator D4 block more than 10 deg. Tilting down more than 2.5 won't do you any good.



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  15. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #90

    Hello Nick & Petra,

    Sorry, I didn't know that the settings of the Sigma8 f3.5 for Nikon and Canon are different so by confirming the wrong settings (for Canon instead of Nikon) I made the confusion only bigger :-(

    Best,
    Wim

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon (4 around), Quick release handle at left.
    +7.5-----1.15
    +5-------1.5
    0---------2.2
    -2.5------2.5
    -7.5------3.2
+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts