Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Its getting terribly confusing about the whole R1/10 models.
    Maybe a video of how to shoot with each on 10.5mm with crop or full sensor might demonstrate the usability of both products.

what is the real big diff between the 2 models? Wouldn't you need t shoot top and bottom for a spherical map?
    And is the rotator going to change with each new ring that get added to the mix.

I'm assuming that new rings for 16mm, 20mm 24mm 35mm 50mm are in the works.

its hard to fathom how a camera like D3 or D700 sit with the lens taking on so much weight?
    R1/10 is mainly for circular/ cropped circular fisheyes which has wide enough vertical angle of view to cover the zenith and nadir. For full frame fisheye users, it is only for outdoor panos when there is nothing important at the zenith to care about parallax. you can tilt from -65 deg to +90 deg (offset from NPP) for R1. You can take handheld zenith and nadir shots for R10. The rotator supports 2, 3, 4, 6 shots around. It is universal for all fisheye lens.
    R1/10 is not to replace multi-row spherical head such as NN3/5. It is only for small group of fisheye lenses. There is no plan to support rectilinear lens.
    if you are not sure how it works, wait until more info is available--manual, video, review or demonstration panos by users.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  2. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Yes i will have to wait to see a demo.
    but could this have not been achieved on the regular NN series. I suppose it makes it fool proof and easy to use with everything fixed.

with that logic, would it be fair to say that the R1 has capability to shoot nadir and azimuth by tilting -+10 degrees on a 10.5 crop sensor for a complete spherical pano while the R10 you have to shoot it hand held.
  3. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

Yes i will have to wait to see a demo.
    but could this have not been achieved on the regular NN series. I suppose it makes it fool proof and easy to use with everything fixed.

with that logic, would it be fair to say that the R1 has capability to shoot nadir and azimuth by tilting -+10 degrees on a 10.5 crop sensor for a complete spherical pano while the R10 you have to shoot it hand held.
    With 10.5mm on cropped sensor, you cannot close the nadir and zenith by just +/-10 deg tilt. The angle of view is about 140 deg. You need to tilt up more than 20 deg to close the zenith. But then this leaves a nadir hole of more than 80 deg which is imposible to patch.
    You can take 6 shots around at 0 deg followed by a handheld (or off NPP rotation on R1) zenith and nadir. The nadir and zenith hole is about 40 deg which is easy to patch.
    Alternatively, you can take 6 arounds at -10 deg. This will make the nadir about 20 deg and zenith about 60 deg. This will make the nadir easier to patch. Since there is little details at the zenith for outdoor pano, the zenith can be patch easily. of course you can also use -7.5 deg tilt. This makes the nadir about 25 deg and zenith about 55 deg.
    R10 has 4 models, each support 0 and +/- degree specified by the model number. So you can buy a R10 with 10 deg tilt which supports 0, +/-10 deg.

Nick

Fanotec
  4. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

I use my 8mm 10mm and 16mm on a D300 and D700 + motor drive

I'm mostly interested in shooting a complete spherical.

would the R10 be the answer that addresses all my needs and fit in with all the various combinations on lenses and cameras?
    I would be interested in suiting all my fish eye needs as it would save time rather than set up time with my regular set up?

5. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

I use my 8mm 10mm and 16mm on a D300 and D700 + motor drive

I'm mostly interested in shooting a complete spherical.

would the R10 be the answer that addresses all my needs and fit in with all the various combinations on lenses and cameras?
    I would be interested in suiting all my fish eye needs as it would save time rather than set up time with my regular set up?
    Get the R1 and shave your 10mm. It is quicker to set up R1/10 than a regular (multi-row) set up since there is fewer adjustment. Plus pre-determined settings will be available. R1/10 will be fool-proof for (cropped) circular fisheye lenses.

Nick

Fanotec
  6. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

is there going to be an option for 16mm 0r 10mm on a full frame sensor soon?
  7. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

is there going to be an option for 16mm 0r 10mm on a full frame sensor soon?
    what do you mean by option? lens ring or tilt angle?
    R1/10 tilt options should fit all circular and full frame fisheye lenses.
    Lens ring for current popular fisheye lenses will be supported.
    Nikon 10.5mm and Nikon 16mm will share many parts in common. It may save you some money.

Nick

Fanotec
  8. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    yes, I can confirm it is compatible for Canon mount 8mm F4. Not sure about Nikon mount.

Nick

I have gotten full confirmation from Nodal Ninjas (very kind) support staff assuring me of this, that both Canon mount and Nikon mount of Sigma 8mm F4 are compatible with Ulitmate R1 . It says, and I quote:

"The Sigma 8mm ring is compatible with both Canon and Nikor f/4 version
    of the lens.

If you are interested to order, please just let me know. We will be
    receiving sometimes soon an updated version of the ring, which allows
    free rotatotion of the focusing ring when mounted on the lens.

Regards,
    Mauro"

End of quote.

This is an answer to my question which was:

Is the new Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 perfectly compatible with the Sigma 8mm F4 lens, mounted on Nikon D300?

I would like to order it, but several people are telling me that these cannot be perfectly compatible since the F4 and F3.5 version have different outer diameter. If I order R1 for my Sigma 8mm F4, I would naturally want it to work flawlessly with that precise model, F4.

I also just googled "r1 sigma 8mm f4" and I get this:

http://www.red-door.co.uk/pages/prod...timate-r1.html

At the bottom of that page it says what I just have mentioned:

Quote: "* Note that the Sigma 8mm rings are for the f3.5 model NOT the older f4 model - these lenses have a different outer diameter." End of quote.

What gives? Is R1 completely and flawlessly compatible with Sigma 8mm f4 lens? Can I order and have a peace of mind knowing that it will fit perfectly, no tricks or adapters needed, right out of the package, perfect fit, just like for the F3.5 version?

9. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dalileis View Post
    I would like to order it, but several people are telling me that these cannot be perfectly compatible since the F4 and F3.5 version have different outer diameter. If I order R1 for my Sigma 8mm F4, I would naturally want it to work flawlessly with that precise model, F4.
    What gives? Is R1 completely and flawlessly compatible with Sigma 8mm f4 lens? Can I order and have a peace of mind knowing that it will fit perfectly, no tricks or adapters needed, right out of the package, perfect fit, just like for the F3.5 version?
    The ring mount is compatible with the very old sigma 15mm as well. So I assume is is compatible with the 8mm F4. However, the lens body is shorter than the F3.5 version. It may require a shorter sliding plate for the ring to keep the nadir footprint small. I have ordered a 8mm lens F4 version. It is still on the way. I will confirm it and release a compatible version in these 2 weeks.

Nick

Fanotec
  10. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Hi Dallieis,

Are you based in the UK? If so - ship to us your Sigma f4 lens and I'll test it with one of our stock of R1 units. We'll pay the shipping charges both ways.

Badders
  11. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

I confirm that Lens Ring for Sigma (Canon Mount) 8mm f/3.5 is compatible with Sigma 8mm F4 lens.

http://rey.fotki.com/misc/laulupidu2009/img0097.html

Andrei Bodrov
    http://360pano.eu
  12. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    The ring mount is compatible with the very old sigma 15mm as well. So I assume is is compatible with the 8mm F4. However, the lens body is shorter than the F3.5 version. It may require a shorter sliding plate for the ring to keep the nadir footprint small. I have ordered a 8mm lens F4 version. It is still on the way. I will confirm it and release a compatible version in these 2 weeks.

Nick
    Nick, thank you. I would, of course, need to have the nadir footprint as small as possible, just like for the F3.5 version, because small nadir footprint is number 1 reason for us buying the R1. Good thing I did not order yet then, that would have been a mistake, and I would have ended up with the larger nadir then for the F3.5 version, which is definitely not something I want.

Also good to hear that 8mm F4 version is on the way and that it will be released in these 2 weeks. I'll wait until that release then and looking forward to that announcement.

13. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Quote Originally Posted by badders View Post
    Hi Dallieis,

Are you based in the UK? If so - ship to us your Sigma f4 lens and I'll test it with one of our stock of R1 units. We'll pay the shipping charges both ways.
    Badders, thanks for the offer, sadly I am not based in the UK.
  14. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Users Country Flag

In order to reduce stress on the lens and camera body during rotation, we are making a handle for the advanced rotators. Although it is designed for R1/10 with Rotator D4, it will work for Rotator D4/8/12/16.

store link:
    http://store.nodalninja.com/index.ph...or-handle.html

nick

[size=8pt]
    [moderator edit- store link added][/size]
  15. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

I see you now have a ring for a Tokina 10-17mm lens,will there be one for the Tokina 11-16mm lens?
+ Reply to Thread