Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 165

Thread: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #46
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,390

    Quote Originally Posted by 1drey View Post
    1. The ring interacts with focusing ring on the lens, so when I mount ring it changes focus settings. Can it be prevented some way?
    Tape the focusing ring first.
    Tape the plastic ring before you install the metal ring..


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  2. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #47

    The size of footprints for R1 and NN5:

    Hmm...
  3. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #48
  4. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #49
  5. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #50

    When do you expect the rail stop will be available for the R10 without rotator for the Nikon 10.5 fisheye? How much will the railstop cost or will it be sent free to all those who have already purchased the R10?

    Thanks
  6. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #51
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,390

    Quote Originally Posted by mlearmonth View Post
    When do you expect the rail stop will be available for the R10 without rotator for the Nikon 10.5 fisheye? How much will the railstop cost or will it be sent free to all those who have already purchased the R10?

    Thanks
    I need to collect and confirm the settings before I make them. They are optional item and will be sold for $5 each. I MAY give them out free for those sending us settings.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  7. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #52

    Is it planned to get a ring for R1/R10 for Sunex fisheye lens (http://www.superfisheye.com/Products/Fisheye-Lenses) ?

    Thanks

    Vinc?®n



    French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  8. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #53

    Hi!

    I just bought a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, and the R1 looks very interesting.
    I don't like fixed-tilt rings, so I was planning on buying a NN3 to use for my monopod as it is the lightest panohead I know of on the market, but now the R1 looks like a better option than the NN3, as I'm only planning on using a tilt of 0, +/-15 and +/-90.

    I have a couple of questions.
    1) When will a Tokina 107 ring be available?
    2) I read somewhere that the weight of the R-series is around 260 grams. Is this the total weight of the R1 and the lens ring combined?

    / Ingemar
    http://panoramas.bergmark.com

  9. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #54
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,390

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinc?®n View Post
    Is it planned to get a ring for R1/R10 for Sunex fisheye lens (http://www.superfisheye.com/Products/Fisheye-Lenses) ?

    Thanks

    Vinc?®n
    yes



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  10. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #55
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,390

    Quote Originally Posted by ingemar-bergmark View Post
    Hi!

    I just bought a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, and the R1 looks very interesting.
    I don't like fixed-tilt rings, so I was planning on buying a NN3 to use for my monopod as it is the lightest panohead I know of on the market, but now the R1 looks like a better option than the NN3, as I'm only planning on using a tilt of 0, +/-15 and +/-90.

    I have a couple of questions.
    1) When will a Tokina 107 ring be available?
    2) I read somewhere that the weight of the R-series is around 260 grams. Is this the total weight of the R1 and the lens ring combined?

    / Ingemar
    http://panoramas.bergmark.com

    what camera do you use? remember Tokina 10-17mm is a FF fisheye on APS sensor. R1/10 is only for out door pano as you can't do zenith at NPP.
    Tokina ring should be available next month.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  11. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #56

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    what camera do you use? remember Tokina 10-17mm is a FF fisheye on APS sensor. R1/10 is only for out door pano as you can't do zenith at NPP.
    Tokina ring should be available next month.

    Nick
    I use it on a Nikon D700 in FX mode. I've shaved the hood off to get the full circular image.
    I have a large panohead for my indoor and gigapixel work, however the R1 should be able to be used as a lightweight travel-setup even indoors if I tilt it up +15deg. Nadir would be patched in with an offset shot with PTGui's viewpoint correction.
    What I love about the R1 is that you're not stuck with a fixed tilt. You just change the tilt depending on the shooting situation and adjust the ring position. Very clever setup.

    What about the weight? I know that the tokina ring isn't available yet, but I guess that the R1+ring will be somewhere in the 260 gram region?

    /Ingemar
    http://panoramas.bergmark.com



  12. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #57
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,390

    Quote Originally Posted by ingemar-bergmark View Post
    I use it on a Nikon D700 in FX mode. I've shaved the hood off to get the full circular image.
    I have a large panohead for my indoor and gigapixel work, however the R1 should be able to be used as a lightweight travel-setup even indoors if I tilt it up +15deg. Nadir would be patched in with an offset shot with PTGui's viewpoint correction.
    What I love about the R1 is that you're not stuck with a fixed tilt. You just change the tilt depending on the shooting situation and adjust the ring position. Very clever setup.

    What about the weight? I know that the tokina ring isn't available yet, but I guess that the R1+ring will be somewhere in the 260 gram region?

    /Ingemar
    http://panoramas.bergmark.com
    For shaved 10.5mm on FX, you don't need any tilt. You can use 2.5 deg tilt to improve the zenith but this tilt is not available in R1.
    R1 (include ring and rotator) weighs about 500g. Rotator weighs 220g.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  13. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #58

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    For shaved 10.5mm on FX, you don't need any tilt. You can use 2.5 deg tilt to improve the zenith but this tilt is not available in R1.
    R1 (include ring and rotator) weighs about 500g. Rotator weighs 220g.


    Nick
    For me even 2.5 deg is a little too soft, so I prefer to tilt as much as possible without creating too much of a hole at the other end
    I see that the R1 can tilt -15/+12.5 which for me is a perfect setup.

    OK. 500g - 220 = 280g. prefect weight for the monopod.
    Your reply reminds me of one thing. I do not need a rotator since I will mainly be using it on a high monopod.
    Will the R1 be available for purchase without the rotator, and more importantly, can the R1 be mounted on a monopod witout it?
  14. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #59
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,390

    Quote Originally Posted by ingemar-bergmark View Post
    For me even 2.5 deg is a little too soft, so I prefer to tilt as much as possible without creating too much of a hole at the other end
    I see that the R1 can tilt -15/+12.5 which for me is a perfect setup.

    OK. 500g - 220 = 280g. prefect weight for the monopod.
    Your reply reminds me of one thing. I do not need a rotator since I will mainly be using it on a high monopod.
    Will the R1 be available for purchase without the rotator, and more importantly, can the R1 be mounted on a monopod witout it?
    i am making adapter for R1 so that it can mount on any pod with 3/8" screw. you can expect it at the end of this month.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  15. Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate R1 and R10 Ring Mount Pano Heads.

    #60

    Its getting terribly confusing about the whole R1/10 models.
    Maybe a video of how to shoot with each on 10.5mm with crop or full sensor might demonstrate the usability of both products.

    what is the real big diff between the 2 models? Wouldn't you need t shoot top and bottom for a spherical map?
    And is the rotator going to change with each new ring that get added to the mix.

    I'm assuming that new rings for 16mm, 20mm 24mm 35mm 50mm are in the works.

    its hard to fathom how a camera like D3 or D700 sit with the lens taking on so much weight?
+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts