nn5 setup with mounting plate.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nn5 setup with mounting plate.

Share/Bookmark
  1. nn5 setup with mounting plate.

can i check I'm doing this right.

The mounting plate does on the camera with the hole facing the back on the camera so away from the lens. Does it matter which way this goes on?

The upper rail setting for my setup is 86. So am i lining this number up with the line in the center of the mounting plate by the brass screw?

Thanks
  2. Re: nn5 setup with mounting plate.

Users Country Flag

it doesn't matter which way you mount the camera mounting plate. The reference mark always corresponds to the tripod socket of the camera.
    By changing the orientation, you change the max or min distance reachable on the rail.

Nck

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: nn5 setup with mounting plate.

so the settings taken from the user settings here. http://www.nodalninja.com/html/nikon_settings.html
    which way would the mounting plate be on for these?
  4. Re: nn5 setup with mounting plate.

Users Country Flag

Hi,

does not matter, because the white mark always in the same postion to the rail. 56 stays 56. What Nick wanted to tell you: the sidemark of the plate does not sit in the middle of the plate, 1/3 : 2/3 of the length of the plate. In my picture the long side is to the right. Right now with a rail setting of 36. Moving it to the end of the rail, the rail will stop me around 137 to move further on.
    When i need a setting of e.g. 143, i have to turn the plate around, so that the shorter 1/3 side shows to the end of the rail. This will give me room up to around 146.

Hope you understand the problem right now.

Good luck

Heinz
  5. Re: nn5 setup with mounting plate.

Users Country Flag

the foto
  6. Re: nn5 setup with mounting plate.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi,

does not matter, because the white mark always in the same postion to the rail. 56 stays 56. What Nick wanted to tell you: the sidemark of the plate does not sit in the middle of the plate, 1/3 : 2/3 of the length of the plate. In my picture the long side is to the right. Right now with a rail setting of 36. Moving it to the end of the rail, the rail will stop me around 137 to move further on.
    When i need a setting of e.g. 143, i have to turn the plate around, so that the shorter 1/3 side shows to the end of the rail. This will give me room up to around 146.

Hope you understand the problem right now.

Good luck

Heinz
    Hi Heinz,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation and illustration.

Nick

Fanotec
  7. Re: nn5 setup with mounting plate.

so on the user guide when it says upper rail of 86 are they facing the long side to the right or the left?
  8. Re: nn5 setup with mounting plate.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post
    so on the user guide when it says upper rail of 86 are they facing the long side to the right or the left?
    as explained, it does not matter which direction the long side is facing. The position of the camera is the same.

NIck

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread