Nikon D90 which Ninja pan head?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nikon D90 which Ninja pan head?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Nikon D90 which Ninja pan head?

Hi everybody. I'm a new member and new to panorama photography. I've been taking photos for many years, but I want to try something different. i recently looked at some panoramas on the web and was immediately hooked. the panoramas were excellent and were taken using a Nikon D300 and a Nikkor 24 70 lens. i have a Nikon D90 and a Nikkor 24 70 and would like to know what Nodal Ninja set up (Pan head, tripod) I would need . All help advice appreciated.
  2. Re: Nikon D90 which Ninja pan head?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrassPlayer View Post
    Hi everybody. I'm a new member and new to panorama photography. I've been taking photos for many years, but I want to try something different. i recently looked at some panoramas on the web and was immediately hooked. the panoramas were excellent and were taken using a Nikon D300 and a Nikkor 24 70 lens. i have a Nikon D90 and a Nikkor 24 70 and would like to know what Nodal Ninja set up (Pan head, tripod) I would need . All help advice appreciated.
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 is a big professional lens. It requires NN5/5L.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Nikon D90 which Ninja pan head?

Thanks for the reply I guess I had a feeling the 2470 would be rather too much on a Nodal Ninja 3, hence the question. Your help is much appreciated.
    My next problem is whether to buy a Ninja 5 or go for a Ninja 3 and a smaller, lighter lens.
    Many thanks
    BrassPlayer
  4. Re: Nikon D90 which Ninja pan head?

Price difference between NN5 and NN3 is $200, that's cheaper than a new lens.
  5. Re: Nikon D90 which Ninja pan head?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by markkuk View Post
    Price difference between NN5 and NN3 is $200, that's cheaper than a new lens.
    You can buy NN5L which has very similar capability to NN5.
    NN5L standalone is $329.95. NN5L package is $349.95.
    NN3II standalone is $199.95. NN3II package is $229.95.
    24mm on 1.5x sensor is not very wide. It makes sense to consider a smaller wider lens if you want to make 360 x180 deg panos. :-)

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread