National Trust Property, Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire, England.

Thread: National Trust Property, Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire, England.

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. National Trust Property, Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire, England.

During a recent visit to Hanbury Hall I was lucky enough to be able to shoot panoramas inside the property on their staircase showing the impressive painted walls and ceiling by Sir James Thornhill (who also painted the dome at St Paulé─˘s Cathedral).

http://www.bilsland.co.uk/hanburyhall/Stairs2.html

Equipment used;

Nikon D300,
    Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye Lens
    Nodal Ninja 5 Panoramic Bracket
    Manfrotto 055XProB Tripod

Software used;

PTGui Pro 8.1.2
    Pano2VR 2.2.3

6 shots taken 60 degrees apart at 15 degrees down and a single zenith shot. Shots were also bracketed to allow for later selection to better cope with lightening conditions (dark walls, bright windows).

Bob Bilsland.
  2. Re: National Trust Property, Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire, England.

Can't wait to see the bracketed version of this.. Beautifull paintings!!
  3. Re: National Trust Property, Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire, England.

Hey MrB - my old CB Handle back in the day
    This pano really jumps out at full screen.
    Thanks for sharing your workflow. Curious why 6 around at 15 degrees down. I have the D300 w/10.5 as well and I find a good workflow to be 6 around at 10 degrees up then one down - no zenith shot needed. BUT - no sense in trying to fix what works so stick with what you have.
    thanks for sharing
    Bill
  4. Re: National Trust Property, Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire, England.

Bill,

My choice for shooting at 15 degrees down is that I rarely have my tripod legs all the way out and I want to have the nadir hole to patch at the bottom as small as possible. With this the NN5 just appears on the bottom edge of each frame. The hole that is left is easily covered up in Photoshop.

Glad you liked the panorama, it's one I've wanted to shoot for ages. Over here in the UK, you cannot usually shoot inside National Trust properties, but I was lucky enough to get an invite to a press day celebrating the completion of their re-roofing project, so I had free access to shoot where I wanted. I have some "normal" photos from the day over on my flickr account here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbilsla...7614807448455/.

Thanks,

Bob.