Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #1

    Does anyone have the settings for the Olympus E-510 w/14-54?

    Thanx in advance.

    Alan
  2. Re: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #2
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,477

    Quote Originally Posted by alan_rtw View Post
    Does anyone have the settings for the Olympus E-510 w/14-54?

    Thanx in advance.

    Alan
    no data for your camera. But some data for your lens

    fl-------Entrance Pupil to sensor plane
    14-----97
    18-----91
    25-----79
    35-----68
    54-----52


    sensor plane is marked on the camera body. Hope it helps.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #3

    Nick Fan,

    Thanx for your reply.

    I think I can use this to find the right position.

    Of course if there is anyone else who has the exact settings I will still be appreciative of them.....

    Alan

  4. Re: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #4

    hi Alan:

    did u find the data? anyone know about the setting of Olympus E-520/14-54 or 8mm fisheye lens? Thanks for your help

    alex
  5. Re: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #5

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    no data for your camera. But some data for your lens

    fl-------Entrance Pupil to sensor plane
    14-----97
    18-----91
    25-----79
    35-----68
    54-----52


    sensor plane is marked on the camera body. Hope it helps.


    Nick
    Hey Nick

    Regarding the entrance pupil to sensor plane numbers - I'm in doubt how to use them? Should I place my sensor plane a 52 mm when using 54 mm fl?
  6. Re: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #6
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Netherlands
    Posts: 1,741

    Hi Caver,

    you have to adjust your focus length and then measure from the sensor plane to the front of your lens. For fl 54 you should find it in a distance from 52 mm from the sensor plane. You can mark this point on your lens and then you have to bring it on top of the turning point of the Nodal Ninja. Start with a longer distance like 54 and move the camera to the points from that point bringing the camera forward. So you always know, you come only from one side, from behind to the nnp.

    I use two post behind each other, the camera lined up with them. First shot straight on, turn to the left that you just can sea the posts, second shot, turn to the right in the same manner, third shot. If the post in front does not move to right or left in relation to the post at the back, you have found your nnp for the focal length.

    Success and enjoy

    Heinz





  7. Re: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #7

    Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    you have to adjust your focus length and then measure from the sensor plane to the front of your lens. For fl 54 you should find it in a distance from 52 mm from the sensor plane. You can mark this point on your lens and then you have to bring it on top of the turning point of the Nodal Ninja. Start with a longer distance like 54 and move the camera to the points from that point bringing the camera forward. So you always know, you come only from one side, from behind to the nnp.
    I'm still not sure because if it's the front of the lens the distance from the sensor plane (the sensor plane is a fixed point when compared to the lens front) to the front of the lens increases but according to the table it decreases.

    I know I can find the points on my own but then these tables have no point in being here
  8. Re: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #8

    Just to clairfy with another example from the table:

    At a focal length of 25mm, the entrance pupil is 79mm in front of the sensor plane.

    You need to position the camera such that the point 79mm in front of the sensor and on the central axis of the lens is positioned in line with the horizontal and vertical axes of rotation of the panorama head. Where the front of the lens happens to be is of no interest.

    John
  9. Re: Olympus E-510 w/14-54 Settings anyone?

    #9

    Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    Just to clairfy with another example from the table:

    At a focal length of 25mm, the entrance pupil is 79mm in front of the sensor plane.

    You need to position the camera such that the point 79mm in front of the sensor and on the central axis of the lens is positioned in line with the horizontal and vertical axes of rotation of the panorama head. Where the front of the lens happens to be is of no interest.

    John
    Very well - I have done it right then. Thanks a lot make it crystal clear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •