Lens recommendation for Nikon FX?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lens recommendation for Nikon FX?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Lens recommendation for Nikon FX?

I have a Nikon D700 and a NN5 and don't know what lens to get. Earlier I used a Canon EOS 20D with NN3MKII and Sigma 10-20, and I was pretty satisfied with the result. I don't have the money to invest in a Nikkor 14-24 right now, so I'm considering Nikkor 20/2.8, Sigma 20/1.8 or Sigma 12-24. I'm not willing to invest in a fisheye at the moment, as I also want to use the lens for ordinary landscape photography. Right now the widest I've got is 28 mm, which is a bit on the long side for spherical panoramas. Any recommendations? Anyone using 20 mm on FX/fullframe? Is that wide enough? A good balance between number of shots and image quality?
  2. Re: Lens recommendation for Nikon FX?

Hi,

I have a D3 and have been using the 14-24 and the 24-70 on the camera. The results are spectacular, very sharp across the whole image. When using the 24-70, I tended to use the 24mm end more than the 70mm although I read somewhere that 35mm is a good focal length for panoramics. Unfortunately the D3 is in being repaired at the moment, but I guess when it is back I will tend to use the 14-24 more due to the fact that it goes wider. Although the lenses are expensive, they really are very sharp.

Hope it helps.
+ Reply to Thread