I use a Canon 30D and Canon 10-22 ef-s lens. I have a few questions
1. First question is what kind of lens is this? Rectilinear, full frame?
2. If I try create a Pano using PTGUI pro and let the program automatically choose the lens parameters it tells me my lens type is full frame is this correct? Also it tells me focal length is 12.4 when I know I shot at 10mm why is this?
3. My camera is a 1.6x crop sensor; however PTgui tells me it is 1.5869778. Now I know 1.6 is the rounded off figure but which one is more accurate? And which value should I use?
4. Is it more accurate to manually input the Data? If so should I put this in? Lens type = rectilinear focal length =10mm Focal length multiplier = 1.5869778
5. How do I work this calculator? www.frankvanderpol.nl/fov_pan_calc.htm ( To apply my example above I would put 10mm into focal Length, Size utilization=100%, Film/CCD length = 22.5mm or is 22.684627mm (according to my EXIF data in Ptgui) more accurate to use?, Film/CCD width =15.0mm or is 15.123085 (according to my EXIF data in Ptgui) more accurate to use?
6. How does one calibrate ones lens for optimum and consistent stitching?
7. Is it more accurate to treat each of the pictures for distortion prior to stitching them? If so which program gives the best results? And also do I apply the same distortion corrections to each of the images in the sequence? I know PtGui can correct distortion put I would think a dedicated program like DXO optics pro would be more accurate what is your take on this?
8. When trying top find the Nodal point and I try to set the position of the camera on the horizontal arm of the head so that the entrance pupil is laterally aligned with the rotation axis I make sure the axis point of the head (such as the central adjustment screw on the Nodal Ninja 5/RD-16 rotator head) should be centred in the image frame. However when I am at 10mm the centre of my camera frame is slightly before the central adjustment screw and when zoomed to 22mm is perfectly aligned - does that mean I am aligned optimally or not or should I compromise between the two?
9. When optimising using PTgui should I click or unclick the Optimise lens field of view setting?
These are just a few I can think of for now,