NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?

    #1

    I have just received my NN5 Pano Head with the RD-16 Rotator and Im very happy with the way it works. I took my time to learn how to set it up properly however I have found that the New Arca Style QR plate bracket's screw plate(with the cork) often comes loose. When adjusting my camera lens for the optimum Nodal point the loosening and tightening of the plate and moving it back and forward causes the screw plate to come loose which has now left an ugly and course scratch on the inside of my upper Rail. Now I can live with that however being as I spend over almost $600 for it im kind of upset about it specially as I have hardly used it. It is such a beautiful piece of machinery and seeing the sleight damage is a bit of an eye sore that I will get over soon enough. So this is just to mention what I have experienced with your newest setup and I hope this serves as a little word of caution to those about to setup. Otherwise I'm totally thrilled with my purchase and I am very interested in selling the the Nodal Ninja Line down here

    Mike

    Cape Town, South Africa
  2. Re: NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?

    #2
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,458

    Hi Mike,

    Do you mean this QR?

    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/qrs-2.htm

    you can use a screw driver to tighten the adapter screws more. This will prevent its loosening. Let me know if it works.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?

    #3

    Hi Nick,

    Yes that is the one. Even though I did tighten it really tight, from time to time it comes loose especially when tightening loosening and sliding a lot while configuring for the nodal Point.

    Perhaps the conversion screw with a little rubber washer/coating on the tip would secure it better? just a thought....

    Mike
  4. Re: NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?

    #4

    Quote Originally Posted by opticalmedia1 View Post
    It is such a beautiful piece of machinery and seeing the sleight damage is a bit of an eye sore that I will get over soon enough. So this is just to mention what I have experienced with your newest setup and I hope this serves as a little word of caution to those about to setup. Otherwise I'm totally thrilled with my purchase and I am very interested in selling the the Nodal Ninja Line down here
    Mike
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Hey Mike,
    I understand your concerns. Like buying a new car we always dread that first scratch. Nodal Ninja is a mechanical device and designed for many years of hard use. It WILL stand the test of time. But Nick always listens to customer concerns and product experiences and continually seeks to improve upon design.
    To help ease the pain of the first scratch, and given the fact you bought our top of the line head, I went in and refunded an additional $25 off your order.
    Also if you are interested in reselling in SA (good region) please touch bases with me - bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
    thx
    Bill
  5. Re: NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?

    #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Hey Mike,
    I understand your concerns. Like buying a new car we always dread that first scratch. Nodal Ninja is a mechanical device and designed for many years of hard use. It WILL stand the test of time. But Nick always listens to customer concerns and product experiences and continually seeks to improve upon design.
    To help ease the pain of the first scratch, and given the fact you bought our top of the line head, I went in and refunded an additional $25 off your order.
    Also if you are interested in reselling in SA (good region) please touch bases with me - bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
    thx
    Bill
    Well what can I say? Last thing I expected was a credit to my account from you bill - So thank you very much! You do take customer service to the next level and I'm humbled by this experience. Yes exactly like the first scratch on the new car. Anyway I will be in direct contact with you as soon as my feet touch the ground with regards to importing the Fanotec line of products

    Thanks again

    Michael
  6. Re: NN5 Upper Rail Scratches easy?

    #6
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,458

    Quote Originally Posted by opticalmedia1 View Post
    Hi Nick,

    Yes that is the one. Even though I did tighten it really tight, from time to time it comes loose especially when tightening loosening and sliding a lot while configuring for the nodal Point.

    Perhaps the conversion screw with a little rubber washer/coating on the tip would secure it better? just a thought....

    Mike

    hmm, I will see how it can be improved. since most people won't need to change the location of the screw, I may include some thread locker in the future.


    nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •