OK, my turn. Here's my first 360x180

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OK, my turn. Here's my first 360x180

Share/Bookmark
  1. OK, my turn. Here's my first 360x180

Shot with a Canon 5D, Sigma 12-24mm (at 12mm)
    3 rows, 12 shots each (overkill )
    Stitched with Autopano Pro (fantastic program, by the way) and converted to flash with Pano2VR (in trial mode).
    I had some obvious problems with the nadir but I this was only a test.

This is Marin County, California. You can see George Lucas' Big Rock Ranch
    [flash]http://96k.com/vr/medium_res.swf[/flash]

Google Earth Coordinates:
    38¬? 2'47.91"N
    122¬?37'25.02"W
  2. Re: OK, my turn. Here's my first 360x180

Nice!

My parents lived between Vallejo and Benicia for years (and I lived there for about a year myself)... this pano invokes some good memories of my exploration trips around the area.

On another, more sillier note... I wish demo/trial software would put something more interesting than "xxx Program - Trial" all over the image... they should put inspirational sayings, or maybe knock knock jokes... or random obscene words! Maybe that's why nobody has asked me to write software. Ho hum

Cheers!
  3. Re: OK, my turn. Here's my first 360x180

Ah - flash back - this my old backyard and have been up and down most of these hills by bike and hike. I also did a bit of work for George back in the day when they were building Skywalker Ranch (unfortunately not photography). The Ranch is huge - 4700 acres and he paid 100 mil for it. Big Rock Ranch was built next door with over 1000 acres but I believe is near vacant when they moved to the Presidio in San Francisco. Hey - we even sell a few pano heads to them each year as well.

Your first attempts at doing full spherical panoramas are excellent - bit of tweaking here and there but you seem to have the workflow down.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Bill
  4. Re: OK, my turn. Here's my first 360x180

Thanks Bill.
    Yeah, I tried I think almost every sub $200 Mac pano stitiching program out there. Autopano Pro is truly amazing.
    I just wish it included the ability to output VRs directly.

Re: Skywalker, I shot their QTVR tour that you can find here:
    http://www.skysound.com/about_techtour.html

That was four + years ago and I used Panorama Factory version 3 and a Canon 20D, 10-22mm and the original Bogen 302 QTVR kit.
    I should try to talk them into having me re-shoot in spherical.

Cheers,
    -John
+ Reply to Thread