Ok here's my first decent attempts at panos... I'm pretty happy with the results so far, but I'm sure there's still plenty more to learn and much to practice.

Tech info:
Nikon D300
Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8 lens
NN 5 w/ RD16 rotator
Manfrotto 055BPRO tripod
PTGui
PanoToVR

Shooting info:
Courtyard/Mezzanine - 1 row of 8 45degree shots at 30degrees up, 1 row of 8 45 degree shots at 0 degrees, 1 90 degree up, 2 90 degree down at right angles, 1 dodgy attempt at handheld nadir (which I didn't use... I just finessed the nadir in Photoshop)
Lobby - 1 row of 8 45 degree shots at 0 degress, 1 90 degree up, 2 90 degree down at right angles

These were shot as a proof of concept for a virtual tour project I'm working on. The final panos will be scaled down for the web, but I wanted to "wow" them with big samples. All the shots are in the Canadian federal gov't complex where I work. I'm going to test shooting HDR next to see if it makes a big difference.

For those looking for a review of the RD16... I love it, it's easy to use, built rock solid and the stops just click into place perfectly. I haven't tried any other pano head setup, but this one works so well I'll never need to worry about it. I'm going to pick up the leveler next, because leveling on the tripod was a tremendous pain in the arse (certainly not NN's fault!!), but otherwise it's glorious. Buy one immediately!

Ok onto the panos... they're around 3-4mb apiece and my web server isn't exactly fast so please be patient!

http://test.b-9000.com

Please feel free to post comments, advice, questions or abuse!

Cheers!

Blair