My First Pano
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: My First Pano

Share/Bookmark
  1. My First Pano

    #1

    Hey Everyone,

    Check out my first pano, http://www.adamdixon.ca/darkpark/pano.html

    It's from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    I shot it with a rebel xt, w/ a Canon 10-22 using a NN5-L.

    Let me know what you think.

    Thanks!
  2. Re: My First Pano

    #2

    That's a fine start you've made. The image is rather soft - perhaps due to rather small size of the .swf file (373K). What are the pixel dimensions of your final equirectangular panorama image and the cubic tile size? As a guide: for full screen display a size of around 5000x2500 to 6000x3000 is usual, with a tile size of width x pi (3.14), i.e. 1590 - 1920. That should give you a pano size of about 2Mb, though this can vary quite a bit depending on the amount of detail present.

    John
  3. Re: My First Pano

    #3

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjanoob View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    Check out my first pano, http://www.adamdixon.ca/darkpark/pano.html
    It's from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    I shot it with a rebel xt, w/ a Canon 10-22 using a NN5-L.
    Let me know what you think.
    Thanks!
    Hi ninjanoob,
    Nice start. Good exposure. Another tip - if you shoot in snow or sand or similar areas that show foot prints take the nadir shot first (tricky with slow exposures) before placing the tripod down.
    Bill
  4. Re: My First Pano

    #4

    Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    What are the pixel dimensions of your final equirectangular panorama image and the cubic tile size?
    I'm not too sure what the size is, I'll check it out when I get home from work , but thanks for the tip for the full screens!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Another tip - if you shoot in snow or sand or similar areas that show foot prints take the nadir shot first (tricky with slow exposures) before placing the tripod down.
    Bill
    Good Call with the nadir first, I didn't even think of that! You're right about the long exposures being tricky, Mine turned out like garbage so I ended up just photoshopping pieces from other pictures to make a nadir. ( as you can probably tell)

    Thanks for the input guys. I'll be posting more panos soon! ( when it's warmer )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •