Hello Everybody,

I just got a NN3II and am really struggling a bit with the learning curve. I'm shooting a Nikon D80 with a sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG and using PTgui as my stitching software.

My main focus is to be able to stitch QTVRs to scan data collected with the Leica HDS 6000 and eventually maybe do some virtual tours for clients on the side. My main problem is that I have not yet mastered the stitching process. I have tried a few different methods as far as taking photos for pano conversion, but have yet to find it easy. really, my only successful pano is of the parking lot outside my office, and no one wants to see that. I have tried 2 basic work flows, one is to take 4 shots at 90 degrees, one zenith and one nadir. the second is to take 8 shots around at 45 degrees, one zenith and one nadir. I have noticed that the 8 shots seems to stitch much better because of more overlap, though the 4 shot method works fairly well. My biggest problem is that in PTgui my zenith shot always messes up the rest of the pano. If I remove it my pano lines up very well but I have a small hole in the top, if I leave the zenith in, there is a small bit of misalignment in the pano.
finally my question. Because this is a reoccurring theme in all of the panos that I have tried, Is the misalignment caused by the zenith shot indicative of a poor set up between my camera and the NN3II, or is it something else that I am doing wrong?
any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Wunderlich