RC2 QR + Plate adjustment

Thread: RC2 QR + Plate adjustment

Share/Bookmark
  1. RC2 QR + Plate adjustment

Well here is the thing. I figured out my nodal points for a handful of lenes. Then I get the RC2 QR from Nodal Ninja (works and looks great!!) and realize I need to redo my nodal points.

My basic adjustment seems to be about 6mm for the B setting. The A setting was about 10mm and much easier to figure out. but I was wondering if there is an exact # someone calculated (ie more precisely than myself) for the offset of the NN3 with the RC2 and QR plate for the B setting.

Thanks in advance, this information could/should be very useful to future buyers of the NN3 and a RC2.
  2. Re: RC2 QR + Plate adjustment

Users Country Flag

Actually, you can use other feature on the camera/lens as a reference. So mount the camera and lens using camera mounting plate. Find a position on the lens/ camera, use a ruler, square card paper/ plastic etc to measure its reading on the upper rail setting. Using the QR instead and adjust this position to the same reading.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: RC2 QR + Plate adjustment

On my setup the QRC2 centerline is 4.5mm back from the centerline on the Gitzo QR plate. I'm just subtracting that from previous rail #s. The other rail is easy. Just set up the camera with the QRC2 and a wide angle and align the center focus point looking down.