Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Hi,
    I'm putting together my order.
    Does anyone know if the NN5 will fit in its storage case with the Rotator R-D3L w/built in EZ-Leveler-II attached?
    Cheers,
    -John
  2. Re: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Hi John,
    Welcome to our forum.
    The answer to your question is no - they will not fit in same case.
    The NN5 w/ R-D3L is an unusual combination and we do not offer the NN5 without rotator at this time. Might I ask what camera and lens you are using? The NN5 w/RD8 may be better choice with separate EZ-Leveler II.
    Bill
  3. Re: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jmardy View Post
    Hi,
    I'm putting together my order.
    Does anyone know if the NN5 will fit in its storage case with the Rotator R-D3L w/built in EZ-Leveler-II attached?
    Cheers,
    -John
    we will have new case for this combination in Feb.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Thanks guys.
    I'll be using a Canon 5D and a Sigma 12-24 for the wide stuff and up to a 70-200 f/2.8
    Help me out, what would be the best solution:
    NN5 standalone with EZ Leveler+R-D3L ($590)
    Or the NN5+RD12+EZ Leveler ($620)

Or, wait for the RD16

You guys are killing me!
  5. Re: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

If you are going to shoot at those focal lengths the NN5 w/RD16 would give you maximum versatility.
    Because NN5 RD16 will only be about $20 more my suggestion would be to wait another week for it. And while we don't like to push folks into our higher end units we would also like you to consider the NN5L as option as it will work with with your equipment fine with smallest detent ring increment of 10 degrees.
  6. Re: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Thanks Bill,
    I really like the EZ Leveler with the R-D3L so I think I will go that route.
    I had a question about that though, the webpage says: (or coming soon 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 15, 30 stops respectively)
    Is that version available?
  7. Re: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Drop Nick an IM on that if you would - I know he has some plans in the works for making units with different combinations but might be more on a smaller scale and based on consumer needs.
    thx
    Bill
  8. Re: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jmardy View Post
    Thanks Bill,
    I really like the EZ Leveler with the R-D3L so I think I will go that route.
    I had a question about that though, the webpage says: (or coming soon 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 15, 30 stops respectively)
    Is that version available?
    I am waiting to see what combinations are popular. Is combination of 6,8,30 stops what you need? what specific focal lengths do you want to use?

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  9. Re: Will Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II fit in NN5 storage case?

Hi Nick,
    I've decided to hold off on a rotator until I spend some time with the NN5.
    Will stay in touch.
    Thanks again for all the fast responses and support!
    Cheers,
    -John
+ Reply to Thread