Price Confusion

Thread: Price Confusion

Share/Bookmark
  1. Price Confusion

The NN5L + NN5 upgrade = $399, while the NN5 complete is $429. What am I missing?
  2. Re: Price Confusion

Do you already own an NN5L?

" Trade-up program for purchasers of NN5L prior to Aug 1st 2008
    We are happy to announce our trade-up program for all customers that have purchased a NN5L stand alone or NN5L package prior to August 1st 2008. "

http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/n5-up.htm
  3. Re: Price Confusion

Users Country Flag

The Upgrade path was in effect discounted for those who made the commitment to purchase the NN5 prior to 1st Aug 2008.

It got the benefits of the NN5 out to owners of larger cameras sooner than would otherwise have been the case, had they had to wait for the full system to be available.

I think there are many users who would thank Nick and Bill for coming up with such a neat solution.

4. Re: Price Confusion

So there is no upgrade path form the NN5L to the NN5 ? What would be the scenarios where NN5 would be a better choice?
  5. Re: Price Confusion

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDude View Post
    So there is no upgrade path form the NN5L to the NN5 ? What would be the scenarios where NN5 would be a better choice?
    It gives greater support when using large heavy lenses as you can click and lock the top arm every 15 degrees.
    It is also useful for making multirow pans with greater precision.
  6. Re: Price Confusion

Ok, so its overkill when used very wide or fisheye lenses generally?
  7. Re: Price Confusion

Thanks guys for assisting in answering this gentleman's questions. I'll expand a bit more here.

The NN5L + NN5 upgrade = $399, while the NN5 complete is $429. What am I missing?
    We apologize for any pricing confusion but if you clicked on the item description for the NN5 upgrade you would see the expanding explanation.
    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/n5-up.htm
    This upgrade was exclusive to customers purchasing NN5L prior to Aug 1st 2008 and came at a great sacrifice to the manufacturer in efforts to not only keep earlier promises but followed through with providing more than the original promise. The earlier NN5L's were built a bit differently than the current NN5L's and at that time we only had a very limited amount of NN5's available for purchase.

While that trade-up program was exclusive to those particular customers there is not direct trade-up program in place for current purchasers of NN5L. We recently reduced the pkg price of the NN5L's to $349.95. This is a factory close out special and once existing stock is gone the NN5L's will be discontinued. These are fully functional units that carry a full two year warranty and an excellent opportunity for the customer to save some money.
    Later down the road you can always upgrade your Nodal Ninja with a more advanced rotator should the need arise. And, as we still have plans of continuing our trade-in program allowing existing customers greater flexibility in buy newer products.
    http://nodalninja.com/trade_in.html
    These two programs (as well as others) stand testament to our commitment in providing the best service possible to our customers both old and new :-)

Bill
  8. Re: Price Confusion

Ok, so its overkill when used very wide or fisheye lenses generally?
    It depends on what camera and lens are using - if you provide us a list of your gear you would use and what kind of panoramas interest you (i.e. mulitrow, single row, mosaics, etc.) we can better direct you to the proper head.
  9. Re: Price Confusion

I have 450D and a 40D and I haven't decided on a lens yet. I use the 40D generally but I may use the rebel as a dedicate panoramic camera if I hire someone to shoot some jobs. Also, what are the tripod attachment issues with your product? I haven't decided between the Tokina fisheye or the sigma 8mm. I like the versatility of the Tokina while the sigma would be pretty useless for much else to me.
  10. Re: Price Confusion

I have 450D and a 40D and I haven't decided on a lens yet. I use the 40D generally but I may use the rebel as a dedicate panoramic camera if I hire someone to shoot some jobs. Also, what are the tripod attachment issues with your product? I haven't decided between the Tokina fisheye or the sigma 8mm. I like the versatility of the Tokina while the sigma would be pretty useless for much else to me.
    The NN3 MKII pkg is your best choice.You might have limitation if wanting to shot the up shot with the Tokina but easy work around's to this.
    NN3 MKII mounts using 1/4 and 3/8 thread mounts so will fit all photo tripods.
    Tokina is superior to 8mm but the 8mm results in a slightly lesser and easier work flow.

[size=8pt][moderator text edit][/size]
  11. Re: Price Confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    The NN3 MKII pkg is your best choice.You might have limitation if wanting to shot the up shot with the Tokina but easy work around's to this.
    NN3 MKII mounts using 1/4 and 3/8 thread mounts so will fit all photo tripods.
    Tokina is superior to 8mm but the 8mm results in a slightly lesser and easier work flow.
    Whoa, that last sentence is tricky. You need to watch your caffeine. I assume you mean that you need fewer shots with a 8mm?

[size=8pt][moderator text edit in quote][/size]
  12. Re: Price Confusion

Users Country Flag

if you plan to get the Tokina, you should consider rotator upgrade to R-D8. It allows more room for upward shot.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  13. Re: Price Confusion

Whoa, that last sentence is tricky. You need to watch your caffeine. I assume you mean that you need fewer shots with a 8mm?
    Yea - you were right - made the minor text edits - going to fast at times - maybe I need to switch to decaf :-)

But in reply the 8mm is easier to use with the one focal length plus you get full freedom of movement with it on the NN3. The Tokina lens produces superiors results (as does the 8mm) but the 10mm focal length requires a couple more shots and a bit more stitching in post production. Also if you have people moving about in the pano less shots are more desirable. It's all personal preference and pro's and cons to each you need to consider. IMO if you have others doing work for you then you want to develop a standard work flow that is fast and easy. We sell to lots of real estate photographers and the 8mm is a very popular choice.

14. Re: Price Confusion

Users Country Flag

NN5 has 15 deg positive stops in the upper rotator. It allows the use of templete in stitching. It will reduce the optimization time in stitching. It also make stitching much easier when there is featureless areas at the seams.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.