Use in Landscape mode with large diameter lens

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Use in Landscape mode with large diameter lens

Share/Bookmark
  1. Use in Landscape mode with large diameter lens

I am about to purchase a NN3 Mk2 and would be pleased to receive some advice re. landscape orientation with large diameter lenses. I have a Canon 40D and one of the lenses I wish to use is the Canon EF 20-35 mm lens. The front of this lens has a diameter on 83 mm. The hood is a rather large 113 mm. Will I have any problem using this lens (with or without hood) with the NN3 and the T30 plate? My concern is that on the website the company states at the bottom of its compatibility table (without referring directly to this lens or camera): "In landscape mode even with the T-adapter this may cause the lens to conflict with the rotator knob if using a lens with a diameter larger than the base of the camera." This raised some concerns and if I need a NN5 I'd rather know now before I spend money. I expect to work in Portrait aspect but would like the option to work in Landscape. Thanks for your help.
  2. Re: Use in Landscape mode with large diameter lens

Users Country Flag

see my PM. NN5L will work much better for you.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Use in Landscape mode with large diameter lens

I have the Canon 40D with the Canon 20-35mm lens with hood and use it with the Nodal Ninja 3.
    So far I have only used it in portrait mode. I will give it a go today to see if it can be used in landscape.
+ Reply to Thread