Bogen Quick Release options

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bogen Quick Release options

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: Bogen Quick Release options

The problem with mounting the Manfrotto 323 quick release adapter to the standard NN3 camera mounting plate (at least with the Nikon D300) is that it increases the distance between the upper arm of the NN3 and the centerline of the lens to the point that the centerline of the lens is pushed past the centerline of the rotator. Mounting the 323 adapter plate directly to the upper arm of the NN3 would eliminate the distance problem, but can't be done because the hub of the release lever and the locking pin of the 323 hit the upper arm of the NN3 unless your able to rotate the 323 90 degrees (which I'm not).

I'd like to know if, in my case, this can be resolved with either the new mounting plate, the new quick release, or if my only option is to go to the Nodal Ninja 5
  2. Re: Bogen Quick Release options

Users Country Flag

I had the same problem using my 40d ...
    you will see how I got over it on this thread
    http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.ph...osts;start=120

The new thin adapter or the new manfrotto/bogen Type mount should solve the problem, Though perhaps only Nick will have the actual measurements for the new kit and the D300 and could be definite about this.
  3. Re: Bogen Quick Release options

Users Country Flag

With the new QR, the max supported height from camera base to lens axis is 50mm using our plate, 49mm for a Manfrotto 323 plate, 48mm for a Gitzo plate.
    The max value on upper rail for full rotation is also limited to 85mm. It works up to 103mm for 75 deg up. 75 deg is still fine for zenith shot for many fisheye lens.
    Max value for non zenith shot is 110mm.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread